guys im kinda in a weird posistion...

Status
Not open for further replies.
not it would not mess things up, the faster stick will down clock itself to match the other sticks, good luck in getting money for your update.

well i would say this...yes wait until the prices go down. but i'd say don't upgrade the processor. just get the 7900 GT or maybe 7600GT if you'd rather but then in a year when you get a better system take the 7900GT out and put it into the other one.

sure there will be a better video card out then but a 7900GT will last you for quite a while. and you'd have that completely outa the way. maybe upgrade ram too.

basically i'm saying just get parts that you'll be able to take back out and put into a 939, 940 or AMD2 socket motherboard...(754's are falling behind in technology and you probably won't end up getting one).

IF you upgrade the processor it's unlikely you'll be able to use it in a newer rig. that's my advise. just upgrade anything but the processor...it's not a bad one anyways...just not as fast as the new ones.

Right now till about Christmas imo seems to be the worst time to build a new pc with Conroe, Am2, the Ati R600, the Nvidia 8800 and vista. I think a couple months after x-mas when everything settles down is the best to build a new system.

Dude don't take offence to this but are you really going to save up every single penny you get from your allowance and not have any money to do anything else? That would be super hard for me, esp. when I was 13:eek:

lol no way...thats y i said subtract a couple hundred for spending money...well not in those exact words...
"im almost sure im probably not gonna get this much though..lol so i would like subtract a couple hundred bucks cuz i like to buy small things..."

Lol. Anyway, I've saved up for as long as I can remember, with certain splurges along the way. :p

I would recommend that you wait until you have more money to spend. I've been waiting for about 8 months to buy a computer. I wanted to buy a laptop at first. :eek: Silly me.

2400! I hope you don't plan to put that into a pc. (I searched for where that # came from but i couldn't find it.)

I'm 18 and i've been working for about a month now. It's great having money to buy dunkin donuts through-out the day (crucial in my work...ever seen office space? ohh yes... call me peter) but between food and gas i don't spend toooo much more. I plan to build a 1250 system with 19 lcd and that prettttty much it by sept. The rest goes toward college ($3500)

Of course at age 13....you don't have much to worry about lol...but you might want to get an xbox 360 and pimp the **** out it with a mod chip and hdd. hey you'd have 3 really good friends! but you'll want to save $$$ trust me kiddo!!!

lol yeah i was thinking about getting an xbox 360, but i dont have that great of a TV to go with it...i think it would be a waste since i have all these PC games..

everyone is telling me to save my money for when im older and when i wanna spend it...but when am i "older"? and when is the right time to spend it? cuz i think the right time is now...but the right time for spending money is pretty much everyday for me..hehe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom