I need help, can't load windows

Status
Not open for further replies.

galloman

Beta member
I was running the safety scan from the microsoft webpage and suddenly my computer shut down. When I tried to turn it on again it appeared as if it was loading windows but then a screen appears in which it tells me that windows did not start succesfully and that I can choose to start on safe mode (several modalities in there) or that I can start on the last working configuration, or just normally.

I've chosen all of them already and the same thing happens. After I choose the option it appears as if it is going to start and then I go to the same screen every time. Please help me and what can I do not to loose my files and start windows??

how? what do you mean? all I can do is select an option from that menu and the process goes on and on and on. it appears as if it is going to start then it takes me to that screen over and over.

You need to repair the OS then. Boot to OS disk. Select Install (NOT THE FIRST REPAIR OPTION)

After the Installation process finds your current installation and partitions, choose repair.

ok, so do I need to insert any kind of CD in my laptop? how do I get to the option you describe? Will I lose my files? I'm sorry, but I'm just not that much of a computer person that's why I may be asking all of these basic questions. Thanks again

XP Repair install

Please read carefully and make sure you followed the warning links before initiating the Repair Install. You can print a text version for reference. repair.txt

Boot the computer using the XP CD. You may need to change the boot order in the system BIOS so the CD boots before the hard drive. Check your system documentation for steps to access the BIOS and change the boot order.
When you see the "Welcome To Setup" screen, you will see the options below
This portion of the Setup program prepares Microsoft
Windows XP to run on your computer:

To setup Windows XP now, press ENTER.

To repair a Windows XP installation using Recovery Console, press R.

To quit Setup without installing Windows XP, press F3.

Press Enter to start the Windows Setup. do not choose "To repair a Windows XP installation using the Recovery Console, press R", (you Do Not want to load Recovery Console). I repeat, do not choose "To repair a Windows XP installation using the Recovery Console, press R".
Accept the License Agreement and Windows will search for existing Windows installations.
Select the XP installation you want to repair from the list and press R to start the repair.
Setup will copy the necessary files to the hard drive and reboot. Do not press any key to boot from CD when the message appears. Setup will continue as if it were doing a clean install, but your applications and settings will remain intact.

OK, I did what is described above, but there is this "list shows ethe existing partitions and unpartitioned spaced on this computer.

Use the UP and DOWN ARROW keys to selct and item in the list

To set up Win XP on the slected item, press ENTER
To create a Partition in the unpartitioned space, press C
To delete the selected partition, press D"

what do I select and how do I move from here?? Thanks

try booting into safe mode first (hit f8) before repairing. when prompt select no. this will take you to system restore. restore it to an earlier time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom