Wait for Conroe?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blolodyfinger

Baseband Member
What is the definitive answer? Would it be stupid to buy a AMD X2 right now? I know that technology is always evolving blah blah blah, but from what I've read, Conroe is going to be cheap and fast and even if it doesn't live up to the price, AMD is cutting prices drastically. Thoughts?

ok cool. That's what I was figuring. Just wait till they come out, see how they do, then maybe buy an amd. lol

does anyone know about the motherboards that will support the conroe.. are they out already or is the socket not available on the mb's yet.

im going to have to wait to buy one as well..

Intel 975X, P965, G965, Q965, Q963 along with NF5 and ATI's offerings. I would go for 975. These are all LGA 775.

right now only one mobo that supports conroe is out, and ith as to be a specific revision..... its the intels bad axe, although it has daymn cool name it will be P.O.S. when the other mobos for conroe are out lol

Yoad said:
right now only one mobo that supports conroe is out, and ith as to be a specific revision..... its the intels bad axe, although it has daymn cool name it will be P.O.S. when the other mobos for conroe are out lol

Good Job copying me word for word. And the only part that was original (the last part) is false. The BadAxe is and will remain an excellent motherboard on the 975X chipset.

I don't think so. I can't remember where, but I saw a chart of what motherboards all the manufacturers would be putting out (on an AMD-Intel basis) and DFI was almost exclusively AMD. They may make some Intel LGA775 boards, but they aren't planned to. ASUS is the DFI of Intel though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom