What low profile video card will work on my pc

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that the 9250 card from newegg would be the best, anything more powerful will likely have a bigger fan and require a better power supply than 200 watts. Even with one of those nicer cards I doubt that a computer with an old celeron like yours will be able to play 1942 acceptably and NFS 2 will run pretty slowly as well. How much ram do you have?
A new pc might be a better investment

You might want to stick to games like Original Unreal Tournament, Warcraft 3, and Diablo 2.

New games aren't going to run on that pc, even with a new graphics card. 1942 probably won't run at all, NFS will run and look like crap, and I can't think of any mmorpg games that will play or look acceptable on that machine. It's time for you to start considering a new build, this one's past it's prime.

definetly, not even 1.0ghz of processor speed, 256mb ram, reg-PCI video card, jeez, thats straight out of the 90s :D

but ya, dont bother upgrading your video card, it just isnt worth it.

save a lot of money and just build a new computer :D

if you want ideas for new computer parts, PM me, and we can work it out :D

-Phate

jorsoft03 said:
New games aren't going to run on that pc, even with a new graphics card. 1942 probably won't run at all, NFS will run and look like crap, and I can't think of any mmorpg games that will play or look acceptable on that machine. It's time for you to start considering a new build, this one's past it's prime.

no bf1942 will run just not that well. im looking at the box right now the sys reqs are
500mhz cpu
128mb ram
32mb video

even with a new video card though you pc will still run it slow. what socket is your cpu? if its the same as the pIII (im guessing) then you can buy refurb processors for real cheap. www.geeks.com they have em.

www.newegg.com is your freind. i would go with an AMD based system, socket 939 because the price is dropping now. 1 gigabyte of ram, a 200 gb hard drive, and a Geforce 7600 video card. its too late to night for me to find the parts for you. my in the morning.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom