REVERSE Hyperthreading for AM2!

Status
Not open for further replies.
reggie_da_man said:
Dude I know of these benchmarks, but the CPU isn't even out. There was a whole debate on this in a different post and some things seemed fishy about the becnhmarks.
There are people at XtremeSystems that already have the chip, and a few of the review sites have it as well. Those benchmarks are not by intel.

Back on topic, if reverse hyperthreading is true, conroe better look out.

I'd rather just say reverse hyperthreading would be nice, without mentioning the C-word.

reverse hyperthreading is a rather novel concept anyways, by the time it actually comes to be most software will be written with multiple threads and advantage of having a single faster core or "unity" of cores will be gone

if this was infact true though wouldn't you think AMD would have mentioned something? This is no different from the scenario a few months ago when AMD challenged the Xeon with the opteron...Intel shut up and sat down because they couldn't respond to it with anything, now they have switched roles and since AMD has nothing useful to bring to the table they are lying low...if reverse hyperthreading was anywhere near a possibility AMD would make sure it was more than a rumour

Please god, this thread started about AMD reverse hyperthreading, don't steer it into another conroe thread, anything to be said has been said before, and frankly I'm tired of seeing it in nearly every genuinely interesting thread.
perhaps if you guys would stop trying to argue with the devil's advocate we wouldn't have this problem

lets just consider for one moment that the conroes they used in the intle benchmarks were overcloaked and were superoir to standard conroes. it wouldnt be the first time intel has treid it. and what about the other factors? conroe cost a **** of alot more than AM2, and what about heat? i think that the absurd cost of the conroe will make it very hard to swallow for most consumers. when you have a very capable cpu that cost $200, and a very capable cpu that cost $530, more people will go for the $200 cpu.

zmatt said:
lets just consider for one moment that the conroes they used in the intle benchmarks were overcloaked and were superoir to standard conroes. it wouldnt be the first time intel has treid it. and what about the other factors? conroe cost a **** of alot more than AM2, and what about heat? i think that the absurd cost of the conroe will make it very hard to swallow for most consumers. when you have a very capable cpu that cost $200, and a very capable cpu that cost $530, more people will go for the $200 cpu.

You are referring to the XtremeSystems benchmarks. They have compared Conroes to A64s with Conroes being normal and overclocked.

The E6400 (2.13Ghz) is only $224. The Athlon 64 FX-62 (2.8Ghz) is $1,200. In real world tests the E6400 and the FX-62 are just about the same, with the E6400 having a slight lead. In floating-point operations the E6400 kills the FX-62.

As for heat, I really don't know. I will bet that it runs cooler than the Pentium 4/D.

Sui said:
These benches are all done on a intel system, under intel supervision. Thats not a controlled enironment where proper benchmarking can occur. Yeah it beat out amds flagship cpu, but exactly how they did it is the mistery. Now they're creating this big hype bandwagon, clearly people are too quick to forget the intel I remember, and are jumping on this thing in droves.

Now this is what gets me. Even after I explain it, some [Flame, that could get you banned, SNIPPED] like you has to come and make a comment like this.

You people need to open your freakin eyes and check out that everyone isn't copying everyone else's charts. That is a chart from a totally different website, not the Intel ones from Anandtech. And even the Anandtech ones were changed to a more custom version.

nitestick said:
then why not tell us where the heck it is from? i'm not going to debate whether or not the performance difference quoted is accurate but to me that graph doesn't even make any sense. it lists 4 games and only one result, it doesn't have any units of what the mark is (presumably FPS) and unless you post the setups these benchmarks where taken on it is totally invalid evidence.

i am not saying conroe is bad in fact it is obvious that it is going to be *almost* revolutionary but like Sui i too think that everyone is far too invested in something that as of now has not been "road tested". revise your debating skills and have a nice day :)

I didn't post the benchmarks because I was trying to make a point you *****. "Road tested"? You're an idiot, thats all. A billion Conroes at XS, and another Billion all over the web. You can [Flame, that can get you banned, SNIPPED] if you say it isn't "road tested." Its a month from release, nothing's going to change.

Benchmarks, for the [Flame SNIPPED] like you.

zmatt said:
Lets just consider for one moment that the conroes they used in the intle benchmarks were overcloaked and were superoir to standard conroes.

Does this sound like the stupidest thing on the planet to anyone else? I love how noobs are coming out and acting like they know the computing world inside and out. To ****ing **** with the Intel benchmarks. What about the other 200 benchmarks out there? And you don't just make a better core for the **** of it. The Conroe is the Conroe, and Anandtech atleast checked to see what the hardware was running at.

If Intel did anything like what you're accusing them of, they'd be committing suicide. They aren't as [Flame SNIPPED], I assure you.

zmatt said:
And what about the other factors? conroe cost a **** of alot more than AM2, and what about heat? i think that the absurd cost of the conroe will make it very hard to swallow for most consumers. when you have a very capable cpu that cost $200, and a very capable cpu that cost $530, more people will go for the $200 cpu.

And these are the kinds of [Flame SNIPPED] I'm arguing against? The C2D E6400 is a $224 processor and beats the FX-62, which will be $999 on July 23rd (Its $1300+ right now). Yea, I dunno about you, but I, and most of the rest of the sane planet, is going to go for the $224 Core 2 Duo processor.

Some of you people scare me.

[Flame SNIPPED - with a warning that this will cease]

Oh yea, I forgot about the temperatures. In a X6800 vs FX-62 comparison, the Conroe ran 10*C cooler at load, and like 7*C cooler Idle. The Conroe also consumed MUCH less power than the FX-62.

No offense to you mate but regardless of how much more you may know than other people, your credibility goes right out the window as soon as you start insulting anyone who doesn't agree with you...and this has always been your problem and I hate to break it to you but it doesn't work that way in the real world

Why you get so worked up over something so silly is beyond me, and why you insist on coming back like you've got something to prove in beyond me, but please just leave. Regardless of how you much you may think you know in contrast to how much normal people know, I'm going to bluntly tell you that whatever you think you know about computers is nothing. You know nothing, and I know nothing, and to try and pretend (or whether you actually believe you are this superior being) that you are this gladiator of the computer realm makes you look like the idiot at the end of the day.

So I will ask you nicely as a person who does not appreciate seeing this over and over again to leave. I'm telling you upfront if you don't decide to stop harassing this site that your ISP will contacted and informed of abuse, and I know you don't pay for your ISP and you are only a kid like me so I advise you don't want mommy and daddy getting angry at junior for something so silly.

Just make sure you don't fall off your ego when you leave

oh noes gaara...is see a few typos! better fix em before he buuuurns you for em. lmao.

Getting back on subject though...let me get this straight.

July 23 = Conroe
July 23+ = AMD cuts prices (Basically mooning Intel)
Future/shortly after Conroe? = AMD nails/unlocks the RHT in AM2.

Does RHT mean an FX-62 would unleash 5.6GHz of atomic destruction on anything and everything?!!! (Can you say GPU limitation? wait...is that why DC gaming has been so unsucessful?!)

Holy CRAP! Thats more exciting than how WWII unfolded...(All I know is from COD1/2.....JK JK)

AMD already CUT the prices on the 64s..well most of em. haven't touched the 4000/3700s, X2, or Optys. Well see. I'll be away those two week though! uggg. I dont want to buy early and miss morrrre savings...but i dont want to come back to "OUT OF STOCK"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom