Which Dell for Gaming ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sumik

In Runtime
Well, pls don't flame that I want Dell for gaming, but I don't have many options, wanted to build my own, but no cash at hand, so I can only do financing. In Canada we don't have many options, and I hear some good things about dell.

So which Dell model for gaming would b for me ? How would u costumize it ? Mainly i'm concerned with Processor, cuz they'r Pentiums, and I only know AMD, so which Pentium would u upgrade it to ? Video, i'll go with Dual 7900 GT, 160 GB 10,000 HD, 2GB Dual memory

Pls help

*sighs* I guess the xps series but honestly, that would be worse than choosing to drive a pink caddy to work everyday. just order everything you need, build it, and save yourself $4k+ bux

i'd go with the xps 700, you can also upgrade it to conroe later since its motherboard in conroe compatible, i think dell is hated so mcuh since you can't oberclock them (locked bios) they use cheap parts (motherboards, ram) and then charge you a lot more

It's more of all OEM builders. You have to pay for the labor for companies like Dell, and HP. It's WAY cheaper to build your own. And Dell is the #1 OEM company so that makes it most vulnerable to attacks like that.

For good gaming OEM computers go to www.cyberpowerpc.com

Cyberpower is good, but you can still save a couple hundred building.

Speaking of building, should I go with some warranties from Newegg? Or should I wing it? What do you guys do?

You can finance a Dell but can't finance components for your own build? A very expensiive way to get a "okay" gaming rig. They are not junk..just way too expensive!!!! But if it is your only choice go for the 700.

The main reason that most people crap on Dell's with regards to this Fourm is because they are (in most cases) not upgradable and can't be overclocked.
If your just an average computer user theres nothing wrong with buying a Dell.
But building your own computer will Save you a few bucks and it's very simple to do as long as you know a little about computers.

well... its not just that your paying for the labor.. its really cause ur paying for DELL to get rich...

My bro. got a mp3 player for $124 (Dj Ditty)
ANd it only holds about 512... and i got mine for $80 (Coby) and it is better than his!

If this many people/experts give u the same answer... i would follow thru.. there are many options.. just tell us how much money u are willing to spend and we can help ya out..

Or u can do wat i do (btw: im 14)
and save ur alowence (orwatever) and buy one part at a time, or wait untill u get all the money u need

I used to have a dell.. and well, the mobo sucks, and everything is cheap. My graphics card didnt even have a fan! And they dont even have brand name tags on them (that means there the cheapo brand)

Dell is really bad, honestly what i would do is build slowly. Go down to the Pacific mall and shop around a bit. You'll find building is a lot better than buying.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom