Why is this bad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a modular PSU, and I love it, never had a problem with it and it delivers stable power to my rig.

3. DON'T LOSE POWER WITH MODULAR PLUGS
Due to their look, convenience, and cost savings for manufacturers, modular plugs have become a popular power supply feature. Unfortunately, there has been little or no discussion of the impact of this feature on overall performance and reliability. The fact is, modular plugs limit power by adding to electrical resistance. The voltage drop can be as much as would occur in 2 feet of standard wire. Worse yet, modular plugs utilize delicate pins that can easily loosen, corrode, and burn, creating the potential for a major system failure. That's why pros specify uninterrupted wire!

xenium said:
no the 24 pin/ 4 pin connector is built in. everything else is modual.

I use Antec Smartpower PSU's exclusively for all my builds. All connectors are modualr and those power supplies run every system flawlessly and I have never had one fail to date!!! I have no idea where the "bad" press is coming form but for Antec..................nothing but praise!!!!!

I don't see how this could be done without major bottlenecking. Of course I haven't seen the architecture of it yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom