Is There 7900GTX 512mb Coolers Out There?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NOGA

Daemon Poster
Hey guys!

Just got my new hardcore hardware running, and its running a little hot.

My 7900GTX 512mb is only running at 44C at idle but can get up to 64C at full load, and that heat is bringing my CPU and case up just a little.

So I was just looking for a 7900gtx 512mb cooler and a AM2 cooler. I hade a page with AM2 coolers that worked but I lost it in a reformat.

Also any recomondations for a 7800gtx (that I think is a 7800gt not GTX but thats whats I ordered from alien-ware but it dosnt look like it)

Thanks, Noga

EDIT: WOW, my 7900 is getting up to 66C wow

Thats actualy kinda cool though. Remember that video cards are used to running hot and can handle getting up to 120c. I believe if you better your cooling in your case and get better cooling for your processor you will have no more troubles.

well my case has really good cooling

i have 2 92mm intake and 1 120mm exast thats moves LOTS OF AIRs with loud sound :(

also my PSU is taking out alot too

I think its over heating becasue in 3Dmark06 (trying to get some benchies) it would just crash after awhile at about the same part right after the 3rd test (mars one)

wait it think its my RAM

when i tryed my RAM test it failed after the first test

I had a RAM problem while installing windows

I'm RMAing it tomarrow

It says 7900 series which means all of them. Also if you look on the Zalman post in the OC forum (this one) youll notice some guys here have that same HSF installed on their 7900s.

i see

cool I guess I can try, should I use the paste it comes with or my artic 5?

those temps are fine, 44 idle is about what mine are at, those temps are cool. you should see my 6600 gtx oc that pumps out some serious btu's 100 at load and it runs fine.
if you look at your nvidia temp monitor you'll see that is considered very cool, its only like two bars.
i personally think the stock heat sink does an awsome job on the 7900 gtx.
you could swap out the stock thermal paste for some as5, but you maybe fixing what ain't broke.

i think its your ram, try memtest. could be a ram compatability issue with your mobo.

yup mine idles 40C loads around 60C area so yours arent bad at all. then agian I can actaually complete a bench hehe :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom