REVERSE Hyperthreading for AM2!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Intel likes to do a lot of talking. I'm sure the Conroe isn't all it's cracked up to be. I'll wait for some 3rd party benchmarks before I judge.

reggie_da_man said:
Intel likes to do a lot of talking. I'm sure the Conroe isn't all it's cracked up to be. I'll wait for some 3rd party benchmarks before I judge.

O Rly? E6400 = 2.13Ghz ($224). E6700 = 2.66Ghz ($530).

Dude I know of these benchmarks, but the CPU isn't even out. There was a whole debate on this in a different post and some things seemed fishy about the becnhmarks.

Thats not the Anandtech benchmarks dude. Thats totally seperate.

You people need to open your freakin eyes and check out that everyone isn't copying everyone else's charts. That is a chart from a totally different website, not the Intel ones from Anandtech. And even the Anandtech ones were changed to a more custom version.

Nothing [Profanity bypass SNIPPED] "fishy" about it.

Yea, the CPU isn't out. That means that it can only get better in the time that it has.

Infomatic said:

You people need to open your freakin eyes and check out that everyone isn't copying everyone else's charts. That is a chart from a totally different website, not the Intel ones from Anandtech. And even the Anandtech ones were changed to a more custom version.

Nothing [Profanity bypass SNIPPED] "fishy" about it.

Yea, the CPU isn't out. That means that it can only get better in the time that it has.

To add on to what Infomatic said...

We are roughly a month away from Conroe being released. Intel can't change anything anymore. These are pretty much as final as they will get because Intel has to take time out to ship the processors to the retailers, they don't just magically appear on July 23rd. And I believe they are being shipped sometime this month.

ehh, info should change his name to mr. intel.

Intel has been known to mess with the consumers in an attempt to gain support in the past, the saying do not squat where you eat applys here, they deserve the rep they have now. These benches are all done on a intel system, under intel supervision. Thats not a controlled enironment where proper benchmarking can occur. Yeah it beat out amds flagship cpu, but exactly how they did it is the mistery. Now they're creating this big hype bandwagon, clearly people are too quick to forget the intel I remember, and are jumping on this thing in droves. It may be as good as they say, or they may be playing us all to get a massive hype boost in cpu sales, have you ever heard the expression don't count the chickens before they're hatched?

The reverseht thing sounds like bs rumors to me, although it would be nice to watch amd steal intels thunder. I just seriously doubt it, why spend all the money to develop this tech when programs are going multi threaded anyway.

Anyway, go hop on whatever bandwagon you want, your not spending my money, so have fun as I'm assuming thats why you made it in the first place.

Edit: Errr was it me or did I see the E6800 had a 'sealed intel watercooled setup'? Anyone need to bake a potato?

Nothing d*mn "fishy" about it.

then why not tell us where the heck it is from? i'm not going to debate whether or not the performance difference quoted is accurate but to me that graph doesn't even make any sense. it lists 4 games and only one result, it doesn't have any units of what the mark is (presumably FPS) and unless you post the setups these benchmarks where taken on it is totally invalid evidence.

i am not saying conroe is bad in fact it is obvious that it is going to be *almost* revolutionary but like Sui i too think that everyone is far too invested in something that as of now has not been "road tested". revise your debating skills and have a nice day :)

the rumour is complete BS because if AMD had perfected reverse HT we would certainly know about it. why on earth would AMD not tell us of it when it could be a wild card to kill the conroe hype. although on that thought it is possible that if AMD had completed reverse HT for the inaugural AM2 cpu's they would withold it until conroes release so they could generate hype that would not be dispelled as quickly. if they told us now it would surely almost be forgotten by the release of conroe.......its really only possible from a marketing standpoint as i don't believe AMD could have perfected it already and they would have backbenched the development in favour of new core design.

Please god, this thread started about AMD reverse hyperthreading, don't steer it into another conroe thread, anything to be said has been said before, and frankly I'm tired of seeing it in nearly every genuinely interesting thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom