P4 and AMD

Status
Not open for further replies.
i noticed that mostly everyone here has Amd. i guess its more popular than intel, until intel comes out with their p5 then intel might become more popular again.

I got amd 64 -3400 .512x 2 mushking blue line. Ati radeon 9600 SE . Dvd-rw 4x .Thermaltake case(tower)V2420+ 420 watts psu thermaltake. 250 gigs maxtor ide. 80 gigs seagate ide. ASus k8v deluxe mobo. SAnta cruz sound card. Altec lansin Speakers 5.1

There was a poll on newegg.com about which processors were better between AMD, Intel, and Other. AMD was dominating the results.

FireFox said:

Theyr'e not feeling the heat - that's just their japan offices - WHO CARES ABOUT JAPAN? As long as they keep pumping out grade A cartoons with girls with nice legs everyting will be alright :p Just don't let them make another piece of crap like Inuyasha or this Sailor Moon live action crap (the sailor mercury in the live action is hot though)

AMDs are good if you're on a budget, but if I was really going to spend money on a machine I would get an intel, mostly because I've found Intel processors to be more stable than the AMDs in the machines I've owned.

keep in mind too that most prebuilt PCs have Intel, I'd say about 89% of the people on newegg really know computers and built their own, and since they're trying to get the parts for the cheapest price available, aren't going to pay the extra for intel.

The thing is - AMD processors don't run near that fast - they don't even compare them to Intels - they compare them to their own T-bird processors - I don't like that - it's misleading.

*psychic mode on* I see this topic abrupting into an arguement...and being closed*psychic mode off*:p

The current Intel vs. AMD top performing CPU wars is currently neck and neck with AMD's FX-53 having a slight advantage of 3.4EE P4 in gaming:confused:

On the mid level, AMD's 3200 and 3400 64 bit CPU's are trouncing the P4's. But Intel just released their contender to the AMD 64 and haven't fully finetuned it and gotten it to anywhere NEAR it expected performance. Plus, such things as Prescott not being able to utilize it's new instructions like SSE3:rolleyes:

Currently AMD is winning the battle, but the war has not yet begun;)

And frankly I'll buy what ever the hell is fastest, cause isn't that what really matters?;) :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom