AMD plans major price drops...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Conroe will be out Jul23rd i think, there will be plenty of mobos to choose from from low end to high end.

Why do we have people asking the questions that have been asked every page of this thread!? XD

Read the whole thing, people. Gawsh. :eek:

Infomatic said:
No prob. To be conservative, just take the speed of one of the 5 Conroes, multiply it by anywhere from 1.25(25% better) to 1.3 (30% better) and you should be fine.

The performance will vary from application to application, even from game to game, so 25-30% is a safe margin. For example, I know I've seen situations where the advantage for the Conroe was as little as 10%, but I also know that Conroes calculate Pi 70% faster than A64s, so there's a wide chance for variation.

PS: When I first read your posts, since our names are so similar, I remember thinking, "I didn't write that..." Lol.

Ok, i honestly think ill wait till fall and go with the "slowest" conroe, since they smoke pretty much anything all they way up to the X2 4800+, and by smoke i mean just being better, not necessarily leaving a huge margin in between.

And yes, our names do look quite alike, maybe ill change it to infernomatic and mess you up more :):cool:

I'm sick of the conroe and its infinite promise of decimation... It's too long to wait lol. *Sigh*

no! lol. okay...maaybe. but i might still stick with AMD if the price compar is the same. but OCing the conroe is supposed to be a breeze though so i have no idea.

All i know is that I feel like some little fat kid just picked up our snow globe and is shakin the **** out of it here in cpu-land...

When the dust clears hopefully I'll be able to grab a nice processor for 170 bucks....that's all i care about. Right now i'm aiming for the 3800 at 147 so hey...

dude...why would u get a SC 3800 for $147 while u could get a Dual Core 3800 X2 for $30 more...

$30 for another core...thats a great price...i think ill just wait till someone actaully buys a conroe before getting either... hey, if people like conroe, i might grab a E6600...but it conroe isnt really that great, ill gget a 4800X2

the SC is 147 right NOW. the x2 is 300 NOW. that's 153 extra...not 30 lol. I'll believe "50%" cuts when i see them...thank you lol

Fuxy_Muxy said:
...but if conroe isnt really that great...

Look me in the eyes and tell me this isn't "that great." I know you were just assuming, and I didn't mean that in an insulting way. Just putting to rest any doubts.

FYI, the E6400 is 2.13Ghz, and the E6700 is 2.66Ghz. The 2.13Ghz is a match for the 2.8Ghz FX-62.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom