I'm guilty about Kazaa

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd advise staying away from imesh because I have also gotten some of those screching RIAA files. plus the search results truly suck and downloads speed suck 2.

All the programs are legal (kazaa, bearshare...) what is ileagal is the copyrighted matterial that u share/download. U can download and share free programs as much as u want.

In usa its ilegal to upload and download copyrighted stuff. Generaly they are gona bust u for uploading. Downloaders are busted if the download like 2000+ songs.The only problem that RIAA and MPAA has right now is the ISPs providing the information about the internet user that has downloaded or uploaded stuff. I think 3 or 4 months ago 504 people got sued but all the RIAA had was their IPs and the Verizon refused to provide info about those people.

Right now they RIAA is trying to get a law that would get rid of all p2p networks, programs because of all the bad stuff(illeagal sexual content, movies, games, music) thats on there.

People who are afraid of a law suit now use proxies.

I think file sharing will never die.

If you want legal music downloads, you will have to pay (iTunes, Napster 2, etc.)

Basically, whether "legal" or not, it is theft. Morally, it is theft. You can "get around that" by saying that it is not yet actually against the law, but in reality, it is theft.

what!! even kazaalite, kazaagold,and other sites that claim legal downloads provide morally stolen content???

how abt u digital air, do u download online music too?

unfortunately, it is illegal to download songs via p2p or webbies in Singapore... hmm, thats due to the Free Trade Agreement that our government is holding with the US, if we allowed song for free downloads, im pretty sure we can forget about the FTA :D

thats why singapore is kinda tough against p2p

FTA stands for Free Trade Agreement

Singapore and the USA have signed the FTA, now we wouldnt want to upset the USA by allowing its citizens to download songs illegally through p2p, do we? After all, the USA is taking its stand against the use of p2p

Basically if you are outside of the US the RIAA cannot do anything... unless you are a huge offender or hacker wanted for serious piracy or computer crimes

generally though if you use a proggy such as kazaa then u dont really have to worry about the RIAA outside of the states as they have no jurasdiction (sp?).... however it does depend on your government etc.... the uk is muddled up in its stance on all of this and there are a lot of loopholes...

I have been to the philipines and am fairly sure that it will not be illegal there, as i saw so much pirated material being sold out in the open... but i dont know for sure!

geez people, haven't we talked this one into the dirt. people are either gonna do it legal or not. if ya like the music enough thatyou want you should buy it. In the end it's just between you and your conscience or if you get caught with too much then the RIAA.

edit: no offence, but this is an operating and software forum, not the moral majority forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom