Power supply's

Status
Not open for further replies.

Laxboy15

Baseband Member
Currently, I am building my own computer and I am wondering is the Super Alien 500 Watt See Through Power Supply w/ Fan Speed Control power supply worth the extra 70 dollars on my computer?

quick question in order to give advice... worth the extra 70 dollars as opposed to what? what option do you have that is $70 cheaper and what are the specs?

The Super Alien 500 Watt See Through Power Supply w/ Fan Speed Control is compared to a standard power supply from cyberpoweric.com

AMD Athlon 3200+
Radeon 9800 pro
1024 Ram
What other components should I list to determine if i need the better power supply?

what I wanted to know was what your alternate power supply spec would be... therefore i could tell if you need as powerfull a supply as that!

Is that the entire cost of the Super Alien 70 dollars? Or is the Alien 70 dollars MORE than an other powersupply that you had in mind? Cause you obviously have to buy a power supply no matter what.. If that's the entire cost, that seems a bit inexpensive for a 500w PSU, IMO. Good 500 watters should run you in the arena of 100 dollars, such as: this Antec - http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=17-103-922&depa=0

Sure there are less expensive ones, but I wouldn't trust an expensive gaming system with a cheap PSU.

Oh.... the cost of the Super Alien 500 Watt See Through Power Supply w/ Fan Speed Control is $79.
I have no idea of the specs of the standard power supply
I guess its just a regular case power supply

It demands, if the stock power supply is more than 400 watts than no, but you might like the Super Alien's look, so you decide;)

$80 ain't too bad though for 500watts:confused:

what case is it then... as i may be able to find out the specs of the supply from that... but I agree 400 watts would be fine!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom