Where's my ~20gb?

Status
Not open for further replies.

infiltrator7

Daemon Poster
Sorry if i didn't post this in the right forum, i'm not sure where else to put it. My problem is that i have 2 partitions (C: Windows and a few programs, and D: Music, programs, etc.). The C: partition is roughly 25 gb, and the D partition is around 220gb or so, and i moved my main "My Documents" folder to the D: Drive. My problem is that on my C drive, Windows says that I only have 2.2gb free, but in reality I should have more like 22.2gb free. Under properties, all of my programs and Windows added together are only taking up a few gigs, so where did all of my space go?

Thanks for that link, i think i know what the problem is now. Does Bittorrent store completed file downloads somewhere else besides the selected directory? I think that my completed downloads are hidden somewhere on the C drive, because in that program they are showing up on the C drive when in reality they are on the D drive.

Probably alot of large files being store in a temp folder or other temporary folder, I use to have Norton AV 2004 on this person computer, when he had alot of spyware/virus issue, norton would delete and backup the data. The spywares would come back and norton would repeat it over again until 200gig of storage was full in just 1 month.

I usually do a search for files that are over 50megabtyes and delete them if it's not needed. But it was not even worth trying to get rid of it, so I just reformat that OS partition and backup everything on another partition.

Well i figured out that it is the bittorrent temporary folder thats taking up all this space. over 20gb actually. Does anyone know how I can access this folder to clean it out, becuase it's not showing up in windows explorer....

***edit***-i figured out how to view the hidden folders in explorer and it was there. i deleted a whole bunch of files and freed up about 10gb. thanks to everyone for their help!

Turn System Restore off.

Go to Control Panel -> System -> System Restore -> Turn off System Restore, or turn it at 1% instead of 12%.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom