If I flash the BIOS, will it get rid of the BIOS Password

Status
Not open for further replies.

Harper

"I FEEL SO GOOD I FEEL SO NUMB, YEAH!!!"
Some BRIGHT spark desided to put a password on his desk top computer. And the same person forgot what it was.
The mobo is a Asus P4E motherboard.

If I flash the mobo BIOS, will it kill the BIOS password????

Here's the easy way to do it! Just open up the case, take out the battery...wait 30 seconds or so...then put it back in...turn on the computer and the problem is solved...

MicroBell said:
Sometimes it will..sometimes it won't. Easy way to clear bios passwords is reset the CMOS jumper. This will reset the bios defaults...and clear (disable) the password.

I hope some day I can be a moderator on some forums (Do not underestimate the power of a board admin - for they are subtle and quick to anger)

i have this same problem when i turn the computer on a black screen comes on and says password... right away.. im assuming its a bios pasword... and we dont know it either... now how do i tell which one is the cmos jumper if i dont have a manual for the mobo.. ?? its a fairly old computer..

thanks, eric

I think you can remove the MB battery for a min replace it then f8 into the bios to get by the password.

SureShot said:
i have this same problem when i turn the computer on a black screen comes on and says password... right away.. im assuming its a bios pasword... and we dont know it either... now how do i tell which one is the cmos jumper if i dont have a manual for the mobo.. ?? its a fairly old computer..

thanks, eric

It's easy, just switch every jumper to something else then put it back, one of them is bound to be the right jumper (LOL, I've actually done this to fix a problem) or just pop out the battery on the mooooooooobooooooooo

tylertherobot i'm not sure if thats such a good idea. especially if someone accidentally takes a jumber and completes a circuit across a USB header.....zap! there goes the mobo and other hardware up in smoke....or on fire

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom