Is This For Real??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whoa wtf! My 3200+ was $154.00 when I bought it a few months ago, now a 3800+ is cheaper? >.<

venice is NOT a lower end core, its jsut a bit oldfer than San Diego. Both cores are great for overclocking due to their lover voltages adn operating temps..

CrazeD - if you overclock youll get some more performance out of your proc. and not have to worry too much about the pricing of the chip. I usually get a lower chip thats a bit cheaper OC it and spend the 30 bux on the card or mobo.

CrazeD said:
Whoa wtf! My 3200+ was $154.00 when I bought it a few months ago, now a 3800+ is cheaper? >.<

yup, amd dropped the prices of most of their cpus, including the am2 sockets. I beleive theyre scared when conroe comes out no one will buy their chips anymore becuase theyre too expensive/

OK cool, but Brtnboarder495 if u look at the link the 3700+ venice is not on sale for 1 hundred something dollars and the 3800+ is, but thanks!

The doubled L2 cache is certainly worth it. You alternative is the Opteron 144, then just OC it 600mhz or so on air :)

uh the L2 cache barely has any effect on real life perf, maybe 1 or 2 extra frames in a game. the extra 200mhz on the 3800+ will def beat the 3700+

Goliath said:
Is this the full and brand new AMD 3800 venice processor? AND if it is, why is it so dirt cheap?
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16819103531

NEED TO KNOW FAST!!!

Like the others have said, it is cheaper than the Athlon 64 X2 3800+ because this one is not a Dual Core.

But the REAL reason why this processor is THIS FREAKIN CHEAP is because of Conroe. AMD is dropping their prices on Athlon 64 processors.

But here's the real thing, and I hope you're sitting down because this might give you a heart attack: AMD is going to drop the prices of their Athlon 64 X2 processors by up to 50% on July 23rd, the day Conroe comes out.

You heard right folks, a Athlon 64 X2 3800+ will cost $150 on July 23rd.

Now, Intel's 1.86Ghz Conroe will also cost under $200, and will still be better than a Athlon 64 X2 4800+, so there will still not be any huge reason to go for it.

But, like people are doing with Intel's dirt-cheap Pentium-Ds, they will make for good second systems. Think about it: a Dual Core Athlon 64 processor second system with a 7800GT for around $650. It will be no match for even the slowest Conroe systems, but it will be a very nice computer nonetheless. Just don't use it as your main system, 'kay?

ummm....there is def something wrong with that price...the 3700 is 205/8 bucks. and the 4000 is a 2.4...What is going on??!!! That price is insanely off. Is this a glitch? if so I want to take advantage RIGHT NOW. I was aimin for an opty 144 at 1.8ghz and 170 bucks lol. With the price dif i could get a zalman and blow away an opty with stock cooling

and I can only see aroun a 5-7% yield in perf increase with the full mb....I already swapped out the opty in my shopping cart. I added a zalman 7000 with the diff. Hopefully it will hit 2.7. That sounds reasonable from 2.4....and with the opty at 1.8 stock, that would be verrry unlikely. Things just keep getting better!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom