Laptop with Wireless TV

Status
Not open for further replies.

kfc469

Daemon Poster
I am thinking about buying a laptop with a tv tuner built into it, but having to have a tv cable tied to a laptop kind of defeats the purpose of it being a laptop. so is there any way to make a standard tv cable, wireless?

jorsoft03 said:
Slingbox, but you have to have broadband internet.

yeah, but that would kinda defeat the purpose of having a tv tuner built into the laptop. if I did decide to do that i have 2 questions:

is it blocked by proxy?
how much bandwidth does it take up?

There is a way, wireless cable transmitters (wireless coaxil essentially). The problem is like you have sort of stated..

If its wireless you will need an adapter which defeats the purpose of the tuner card (as does slingbox)

and if you use a wire it defeats the point of the laptop.....

so I guess its which ever bothers you the least

The link that LiveStudent gave you seems to be essentially the same as slingbox.. or at least a local version of it.

ok...how about this

i have an external usb tv tuner, so is there such thing as wireless usb that does not need to be plugged into power? it has to be usb 2.0

WUSB (wireless USB) is in development, but I dont knwo when it will be available or if it already is, as far as the power.. they have things that you can put phones/laptops/etc on and it will charge it (i dont get it but Ive seen it)

so the answer is yea, but its not available as far as I know.

i would just get a small portable tvtuner and get a small portable antenna, so when ur in ur car or watever, u could just hook up the tv tuner and watch tv :)

I dont think u can get an internal tvtuner in ur labtop.
If u could.. that would b a pretty big labtop ;)

alexsabree said:
I dont think u can get an internal tvtuner in ur labtop.
If u could.. that would b a pretty big labtop ;)

not really, the dell xps laptops all have the option of getting an internal tv tuner in them. my friend has one

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom