Check out this rig

Status
Not open for further replies.
I meant at 4GHZ, my moms friend has a Pentium D 2.8GHZ with a brand new Intel board. I might trade my Opteron 165 setup for it since my motherboard wouldnt allow me to go pass 2.2GHZ even though my 165 can obviously go higher with my DDR500 OCZ rams.

Hmm, but an AMD 2.2GHz does more work in a cycle than a 3.5GHz Intel cpu... (Roughly..)

keep your opteron, dont even think about trading for a intel. yes the intel is clocked higher but simultaneously your opteron at 2.2 ghz is doing the same amount of work.

Yeah, at first I was utterly amazed.

Then I took more time and read the stuff.

The only thing mildly impressive is the cpu and the cooling system. Hah.

Not that impressive? It's a budget system. Naturally it's not going to have quad-SLI 7950GX2's and an uber leet PhysX card.

It's a budget system with a fast processor. It's not supposed to be impressive and an uber leet gamer computer. It's a fast computer on a budget. I'm sorry if you weren't impressed by the price tag/componant value, but to say its not a fast system-look at the specs is stating the obvious.

The General said:
Not that impressive? It's a budget system. Naturally it's not going to have quad-SLI 7950GX2's and an uber leet PhysX card.

It's a budget system with a fast processor. It's not supposed to be impressive and an uber leet gamer computer. It's a fast computer on a budget. I'm sorry if you weren't impressed by the price tag/componant value, but to say its not a fast system-look at the specs is stating the obvious.

O.T.:

If you say leet or uber one more time, I will be ought to spank'ya XD

----

Anyway, we know its a budget pc but you could make it better for same price +/-, but generaly it is a pretty nice rig for the budget..

What's the point in having 4GHz of horsepower if you only have a X1300? One thing I belive is misleading, is that since OCing varies from rig to rig (you may even get a dud OCer), you might not hit 4GHz.

Even if you don't use any 3D intensive apps/games the X1300 is still very week and would be wiser to save money and just get a motherboard with int. graphics.

Nifty how they call a 7600GT a top tier GFX card.

I'm buying a system for under 1200 (20inch LCD included) and it would whoop that thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom