7950GX2 vs. 2 7900GT

Status
Not open for further replies.
You guys do realize that the 7950 doesn't use SLI by itself right? You don't have to have a SLI motherboard for it, just need a PCIe slot.
Thought they were saying you need to put your motherboard in SLI mode for it too work though..... but that would mean you'd still have to get a SLI board or the DFI Ultra-D which kind of has SLI, and that'd be kind of a stupid way to go.

Oh well, I haven't looked into it too much, but for some reason I just thought that's what they were saying was needed.

1. DirectX cards are coming out soon and I won't want to replace such an expensive card, but I can't wait until that either.
DirectX cards are already out........it's the DX10 that's not :p har har, semantics I know I know....bad nubius!

2. The card can't handle HDR and AA at the same time. Correct? Is it like that with all NVidia cards?
Pretty sure it can't handle that and yeah that's with all nvidia cards.

Supposedly it's only the X1900XT or whatever that can do HDR + AA

To set the record stright....

HDR, and AA are implemented in many different ways. Source (Half-Life2) has the best because it can run on pretty much anything with DX9. In HL2 HDR and AA can be on no matter the card. In other games, depending on how HDR was implemented in the engine it may not be compatible with other settings.

Guess what....7950 = 2x 7900GT's! Produced for Quad Sli freaks and as a hint as to what the new G80 will look like!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom