HP Pavilion not powering up????

Status
Not open for further replies.

snoopy29

Beta member
My sister has a HP Pavilion desktop computer. She said it just had a blank screen so when I checked it out it turned on with no problem. I then shut it down and tried to turn it back on just to see if I could get it to do what she said but at that point it would not power up at all. The fan wont come on or anything. I switched out the power cord and it still wont come on? Does anyone have any ideas? I greatly appreciate any help.

Thank you.

Before this happened, was hardware recently added or any internal modifications made? Nothing happens when you hit the power button? No beeps, no fans, no PSU, no lights? This is a really common sense thing which probably isn't the case, but make sure that the PSU's power switch is on :p. After that if that isn't the case, open up the PC and check the power connections to the motherboard.

If nothing prevails, something may be broken.

Nothing was added as my sister doesnt know anything when it comes to that. I'm ok with the basics with installing drives and memory. When I went over to her house all I did was hook it back up and turned on. It came right up and I thought she was nuts. I said let me reboot to see what happens and it was dead. No fan, no lights... nothing. Thank you for responding.

Id suggest the PSU is shotif as your saying u get no fans or lights. If you had anything added as b4 i would say check all internal connections. But as nothing has changed your power supply seems to be the prob.

Power supply....now the bad news.......HP's have proprietay PSU hookups and they are expensive unless it is a P4 478 or latter as they use the 12 volt rail and not their proprietary P6 connector for the Northbridge chipset.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom