AMD plans major price drops...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brtnboarder495 said:
The changes have already occured check newegg, AM2 in particular. They haven't dropped 939 prices really, but I'm sure that'll occur after Conroe's release. But man .. an out of box AM2 3800+ for $110? That'll be tough for Intel to counter IMO.

When new processors come out, the price of existing processors will drop. This is not the major price drop everyone is talking about. And no, an AM2 3800+ for $110 will not be hard to counter seeing as its a single core chip and both Intel and AMD will be practically giving them away.

This is a nice price drop. I'm pondering if I should upgrade my Opteron 146 which isn't overclocking worth a crap to a 939 skt dual core after the Core Duo's release.

NathanM said:
This is a nice price drop. I'm pondering if I should upgrade my Opteron 146 which isn't overclocking worth a crap to a 939 skt dual core after the Core Duo's release.

ur 146 isn't OCing well? that sucks, probably got a dud core

I can get it to 2.6ghz max :(. I'm running it at 2.5ghz though, because that seems to be more of the sweet spot for my RAM. At 2.6ghz I have to lower the memclock frequency to 133mhz from 166mhz since my RAM can't handle the overclock for some reason.

NathanM said:
I can get it to 2.6ghz max :(. I'm running it at 2.5ghz though, because that seems to be more of the sweet spot for my RAM. At 2.6ghz I have to lower the memclock frequency to 133mhz from 166mhz since my RAM can't handle the overclock for some reason.

With G.SKILL ram?? That's wierd.

It's the G.SKILL RAM right above value RAM (red heatspreader). It isn't stable at 217mhz. This might have to do with not modifying the timings, I'm not sure. But it's not negatively impacting my performance any so I'm not going to waste time trying to squeeze 100mhz more out of my processor.

Oh, ok. I thought you were talking about the ridiculously expensive G.SKILL ram, which is supposedly "godlike" at OCing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom