Take that Intel!

Status
Not open for further replies.
well you could read the charts and pictures they did those in english.... but its not that of a shock, i've read it through and thorough.

mainly they reviewed the X6800 and the whole 65nm technology (and the extra new features) that intel will provide in her new Core 2 dou's, and then they did a showdown against some chips when the spotlights are on the X6800 and the FX-62.

Hope that clarifys a little, i know a bit chinese lol.

The page 1 charts are confusing and don't explain anything towards the benchmark and I cannot get page 2 to load.

o_O odd, let me directlink you to page2, maybe you can take it from there and on..

Page 1 is more like an introduction to the new technologys that intel will be offering, the next page shows why will the new technology will be better than the old netburst etc...

http://www.hkepc.com/hwdb/x6800vsfx62-3.htm

here that is a directlink to page2...

we will just have to wait to see both of these processors in actual systems for defenitive results, i guess.

BUT I HATE WAITING!!

The Fx-62 is already out, and people already did tests with the Conroe core. So far, the Conroe in its development stages is beating Am2 in its developed stage. Of course a new revision for Am2 will come out, we'll just have to wait!

NOTE:
I have not read the whole thread.

Do you know how AMD was able to manage those price drops by any chance?

They are going to stop making 1MBx2 chips in favor of 512KBx2 chips:
http://www.dailytech.com/article.aspx?newsid=2858

And the conroe really tears amd up in SuperPI, and other number crunching. Not being a fanboy, I own an opteron 165, just stating the facts.

So, that article applies to the AM2's. What about the price drops on the 939? Are they undergoing any changes or is it just a straightforward price drop?

Socket 939 will drop as a result of it being an older technology. Socket AM2 will drop as a result of Conroe.

And people, who the **** cares about super pi. We are talking about real performance in applications in games. Notice how the FX-62 is always right on the X6800's tail? That's hilarious ... Even with a new core and doubled the L2 cache and Intel still can't crush their AMD equivalents, price-wise. If you buy Conroe just to tell everyone "OMG I GET 4 MS WITH SUPER PI", then you have just wasted $1000.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom