SLI/Crossfire: The cold hard truth

Which case is the best all around case?

• Cooler Master Centurion 5 case w/ window.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • NZXT Trinity case.

• Antec super lanboy

• My case is better

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
You mean he has an SLI x16 chipset on his motherboard.

SLI is only when you want to play games on really large resolutions (>1280x1024), with all settings on high, including AA and AF.

At least that's only when it's really worth it and it shines.

Going with crossfire is a cool idea if you have money to blow. But for most of us, that is not the case. Just stick to one higher end video card and you will be safe. No point in buying 2 of them and then having them be replaced by the next "BIG THING" in a few weeks.

Going with CF or SLI is NOT cool to buy even if you have the money. WHY blow money on something that will perform identically to hardware that is HALF as much? A 7900GT/X1900GT will play any game on maxed settings on 1280x1024 or lower. If your looking at higher resolutions, consider the 7900GTX/X1900XT(X), SLI and CF is only needed on extremely high resolutions, such as 1600x1200 for example.

so i guess if i do get sli, it doesnt really matter because im stuck w/ my 1280x1100 res monitor......

just wanted to say my dads sli rig ( amd x2 4200 , 2 7900 gt's SLI, 2 gigs ram ) shows big performance increases every game we have ( FEAR , bf2, Oblivion, source,bfme2, doom 3, quake 4....) not to mention it unlocks the 16x AA
and allows transparency AA and other cool bits at very playable rates.
and we are set for a while in terms of new games on maxed settings... until dx10 cards/games are released

not a waste

i had 2x7900gtx's and sold them, bought 2 1900xts in crossfire... dont ask why cause i dont feel like talkin about it. I went from a 8800 in 3dmark06 to a 9600 approx. they also overclock way more. Doing voltage changes was also way easier.

Im not a fanboy for either side. Just putting my 2 cents in

oh boy i did it now, i started a flame by saying that my atis are faster than my nvidias lol

oblivion plays way way better on the radeons than on the 7900's. on oblivion,, i have AA turned way up and it plays better than the 7900s did with no AA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom