What u think???

Status
Not open for further replies.
john3 said:
K first of all u are getting 4GB which is too much for XP, 2GB is the best choice. You need 2GB, how can u get 4GB of Ram then use X64, that is terrible for video editing. x64 is not supported by all the drivers. so u want max performance from ram, and not max from all the other hardware. Buddy you just wasted A LOT of money.

take is easy john. one thought at a time. he didn't waste that much money.. he still didn't tell us which windows he'll be using.. but worst case scenario is that he wated 2gb of ram.. so anywhere from $100-$200. which is 10-20%. lets not make him feel bad about his purchase. hehe..

so darybart, i quote bush when i say this..

"you're doin a heckuva job!"

wat ****es me off is not because he went and bought it.......its that he went and bought it without comfirming..........i mean we're here for a reason, if he comes and asks for help then does w/e he wants anything, and this is a computer we're talking about, not saying yes or no to drugs, A COMPUTER! thousands of dollars. I just feel sorry for him cause he just wasted some good money.

I don't feel sorry for him. It's only money. It's not like he paid for it by chopping of his arm. He could always sell the extra RAM he purchased if it doesn't give him better performance, he'll definetely lose some of the money he spent on it, but at least he'll get back some. By the way, if you're doing video editing, why not just buy a Mac? They're superior for video editing.

384mb what.

and also darty, from personal experience, windows XP doesnt use any ram over 2gb effectively. i made the same mistake as u (ordered 4gb ram) and when i put it in, and looked at system specs, it said i was only using 2.3gb of ram. now thats a lot of waste, when i can spend about $300 less and get the same performance.

unless youre running windows server or x64, youre not gonna get the performance out of that last gig, and only .3 out of the other one.

also, looking towards the future, from what ive read, Windows Vista is gonna require 4-6gb, so you could use it then.... but it also requires a 4-6ghz processor, and a video card the likes of which is not even on the market :D

good luck,
Phate

I have a copy of Windows vista and I ran it on my duron 850 with 256mb of pc-100 ram. Also a slowass 20GB harddrive. That 4-6GHz is ******** IMO. Maybe in like 2010 to get the full effects of Vista.

eh, you might be surprised at how fast technology can advance :D

6 years ago we were oggled by 1.0ghz processors. who knows what can happen :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom