Help

Status
Not open for further replies.
ah, ok. well then, i dont know what to tell you. i have no experience with multi-screens.

and @Reggie, macs do suck for gaming, and many other things, but they have two things going for them: user friendly, and kick-*** for graphics/video editing. thats IT, but thats what theyre good for.

-Phate

thats not the max it can use, thats just what its using RIGHT THEN.

try combining the used and the available to figure out how much you CAN use, i can almost gaurantee its below 4gb, since 4gb ram is not used effectively in Windows XP, a lot of it is just wasted.

for a while i had 4gb ram, and a system report told me i only had 2.3gb available ram, because windows XP doesnt know what to do with the rest, since its not built for ram that high.

if you want more ram support, get windows server 2003 or x64

-Phate

yup, you cant make it use up to 4gb.

all that 348mb stat was saying is that youre computer at THAT time was using that much ram. i would guess it COULD go up to almost 2.3gb (where mine was at when i had 4gb), but not farther.

that means you have 1.7gb of ram just doing nothing in youre computer.

2gb is basically the max for windows XP ram, XP doesnt know what to do with more, so i would suggest downgrading to less ram, or if you have 2 2gb sticks, or even better 4 1gb sticks, just take one or two sticks out so you have 2gb ram total, and you will be fine.

-Phate

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom