Total noob needs help installing another monitor

Status
Not open for further replies.

evanmatthiesen

Beta member
hey, ive been trying forever to install another monitor to my computer. in the display settings it only shows 1 monitor, even though 2 are pluged in. i have XP, an my primary monitor is a geforce4 MX 440, and the other one is a 'classic' monitor or whatver you call it. it says 'NEC Accusync 70' on it. ive tried a shitload of things but my computer just doesnt even recognize it being attached. i know its plugged in, because the light is on. im not sure what grapics card i have, but its good enough to run world of warcraft. any help would be appreitiated.

The geforce4 mx 440 is a video card, not a monitor. Assuming that's your vid card, I'd upgrade to the latest drivers from nvidia's site and when both monitors are connected pull up the Display Properties tab and you should see a picture of two monitors. Just below it there will be a pull down menu with two settings, "Primary monitor..." and "Multiple monitors". Choose the Multiple Monitor setting and you should be done.

i installed the new driver, but i still dont see the 2 monitors. i know the monitor works because when i plug it into the place that my LCD monitor is plugged in, the other one shows up but the LCD doesnt.

You have to go into the driver settings and click on tools - then detect monitors and turn on the new monitor.

I'm on my laptop which has ATI so I can't remember how to get to it on Nvidia. When you go into Display Properties>Settings>Advanced>
There should be a Display tab that will allow you to detect monitors or mes with the dispaly scheme.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom