No Sound From Toshiba Laptop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Triple-X

In Runtime
I have a Toshiba laptop with Harman Kardon speakers built in, and it won't play any sounds. There's no little speaker in the icons on the bottom right, I went to system and hardware, and everything seems to be enabled. I also went and tried to install new drivers, but I wasn't sure wich ones to install from the toshiba website, so I installed one but there is still no sound. If I try to play an audio clip, it says that the sound device is either not installed, in use by another computer, and not functioning properly. However the speakers do this very loud beep if I let's say have to click on Yes or No, and clicking outside the window. Sort of when windows makes a beep when there's a small error, except this one sounds different, more high pitched. Any ideas on what I can do to make it work? Thanks.

The high-pitch beep is the system alarm, and in desktop systems is built into the mobo. However, in laptops, the system alarm runs through the speakers. So your speakers are fine. Try deleting all of your speaker drivers and then restarting your laptop. Then install the ones that came with the system, and restart it again. If something is still screwed up, you might want to call toshiba. I am not very familiar with laptops, as i have never owned one. But good luck, and i hope it works out.

Thanks for the reply. Solved the problem by installing a different driver, now the sound works fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom