Boot disc failure

Status
Not open for further replies.

HayWire916

Beta member
Hi everyone this is my first post here ,I have a computer that has lost the hard drive ,the first sign of a problem was the DVD drive was missing ...
I put a new one in and then the OS dissapeared from the HD ,Now I run through a new install of Windows and each time the computer boots its giving me a msg of ....

Boot from CD : DISK BOOT FAILURE, INSERT SYSTEM DISC AND PRESS ENTER

I went in to the bios and changed the boot order but still i keep getting this problem , Ive changed the ram over to a brand new stick Ive dropped in 5 different HD's nothing seems to work at all ...

I'd love to know what you guys think it could be

hmmm... last summer when i got into xbox modding (dont go there, its not worth it), i told my friend how to read an xbox hd on his dad's pc. He did something wrong, and a similar occurance began. It was a dell dimension something, and whenever you turned it on, it would say something like "boot disc not found, press f1 to continue". If you pressed f1, it would work fine. But i couldnt get the message to go away. I dunno. Try setting the jumpers on the HD differently. But youve already tried 5 hd's... hmmm..... might try a bios reflash. or maybe the jumpers on the dvd drive are set to master, and the pc is looking to it first to boot from. make those are not set to master. If none of that works, then im at a loss. Try it and report back. Hope this helps!

Jumpers on dvd drive is set to slave and the jumpers on the HD is set to master in the bios everything looks OK It's saying HD is master and DVD is primary slave ...

I think I might try resetting the bios but I havent done that in a long time to a computer and am not sure how to do it ...

Thanx for you reply

put the dvd on the secondary ide channel (its own cable) and set it to master, And have your hdd on the primary ide channel (its own cable as well) and set it's jumpers to master as well. alot less problems this way. then set the bios to boot from cd, Try another os cd to make sure the drive is working properly, It sounds like the cd is unrecognizable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom