startup problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

mode8power

Baseband Member
i recently installed a new hd into my computer, install windows and everything. now when i try to boot up, after the self diagonistic at the beginning. it just freezes, the window logo nvr shows up. can figure out whats wrong with it. harddrive works on other computer, and the ram works. cant think of anythign tahts wrong that would cuase it. any1 have a clue?

i would reformat again..sounds like a software bug....also, try starting in safe mode..or selecting "last known good configuration"

its not software issue, the harddrive works on another system. and when i try to do anyhtign like "last known good config" or " safe mode" it just freezes right afterwards.

um. if ya ask me, sounds like a bad processor, but then again if the processor was bad, then it wouldnt do what it does right now, so check ur ide cable and see if its ripped, cause thattl do it sometimes, otherwise that u could count on resettin ur bios and goin thru it and seetin all the stuff u kno and trust to the right stuff. if not, then, well, has it worked before with the new install?

mode8power said:
its not software issue, the harddrive works on another system. and when i try to do anyhtign like "last known good config" or " safe mode" it just freezes right afterwards.
What do you mean "WORKS" on another machine, A hdd will not boot two systems unless they are the same, Do you mean you can access it as a slave? It sounds like a bum install of windows to me. Format and reinstall what have you got to lose!

well, i have a dell and my custom built one. i tried using the new harddrive on the dell as a master and it works perfectly.

why not try to repair the boot program of your OS.

it just might be just a missing file in your OS booting program.

well, i tried reinstalling windows, heres what happens. when the computer starts to boot up, when it detect a bootable cd, it ask to press any key to boot from cd. when i push any key. it just stop right there. no more loading. no loading up windows installation files or anyhing. screen stays the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom