Computer hardware n stuff building n stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.

kc the don

Solid State Member
hey guys
i donno much about comps n shit n yea..
anyway..
i need to know what i should buy and how much ill be using??
im hoping to use something around $600 area Australalian dollar
anyway

i got my computer in 2001 i got P4
1.4ghz
20gigz
Geforce2 32mb
128ram
i think thats the main stuff??

anyway

im hoping for like
3ghz
40gigz atleast
128mb + video card ( donno which one )
what do u all recommend for ram?
and a new mother board which i donno at all on
and a new case thing if possible

ill be using my computer for general use and gameing , internet , etc etc just to keep up2date with requirements on games and things
anyway
can u all help me ?
what brand and stuff should i get?

Seriously speaking? your 600 aus dollars is really insufficient cause you are not upgrading your computer, you are building a new one and u need around at least 800, sigh...

A 3ghz cpu costs around AUD300 and thats already half of your budget, it would be insufficient for the rest of your parts

This is what i suggest

Go for a cheaper alternative, the prescott may be the newest cpu but it is definitely cheaper than the 3ghz cpu u are aiming for. Whats more is u can save around AUD80 :D

So here goes:

CPU: Prescott Intel 2.8A SL7E8 (MAKE SURE YOU GET THE SL7E8)
Motherboard: Asus P4P800
Graphics Card: ATI Radeon 9600Pro
HDD: Western Digital 40GB 7200rpm 8mb cache
Ram: Kingston PC3200 DDR400, 256MB
PSU: Make sure you have at least 400w

Thats what you need, the reason I'm getting for you a 256mb ram is because for gaming 128mb is definitely NOT enough :D

All these, excluding the PSU, you will need around 650, but of course you need some xtra cash for some other stuffs like the fans for cooling the CPU. Hmm, if you didnt know... you can overclock the processor to around 3.2ghz and that is pretty easy for the proc, with a water cooler it can go up to 3.7ghz :D and still be stable, hmm... planning to get it anyhow

Check it out
http://www.hardocp.com/article.html?art=NjAz

Sincerely :D

oh man i didnt understand ANYTHING
are those brands good/
is pre scott good?
ive heard of that raedon graphics thing
how much is this water cooling thing ?
PSU: Make sure you have at least 400w
whats that?
is western digital good?
i heard if i goto big stores like electronic botique and harvey norman and its expensives
is it recommended i just goto a local corner comoputer store?

firstly, yes those brands are good and dependable, asus has proven itself to be a good mobo designer :D, western digital is probably the best in its line in making hard disk drives and for rams either kingston or corsair would be a good bet.

prescott is the newest processor on the block, and it is by intel, the only con of this processor is the high temperature output which 75C is normal, whereas for other cpu, 50 is the norm ><, thats why u need a number of fans or better still a water cooler... hmm

the ati radeon 9600pro is a nice graphics card and it is not entirely outdated. If i were u I would choose the 9600 series over the newer 9800 series, this is because the 9800 series tend to need more power and it is so much more expensive... dang, though of course the 9800 is more powerful than the 9600.

The 9800 series is just a tad improvement of the 9700 series and they cost around AUD600 each, not a good idea, just stick to the 9600 ok?

About goin to the local stores, I dont know much about that but it is better to go to an area which has alot of computer stores which are not branches such as harvey norman. This is because they tend to do alot of competition which is good :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom