Firefox plugin problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

worrwhorre

Baseband Member
i'm having a problem with my windows media player plugin for firefox. when i try and play a video in the browser, it tells me that im missing a plugin but when i go to install it, it says uknown plugin. i have windows media player 10 on my pc. where can i get the plugin so i can get the videos to work in my browser?

download wmp plugin for netscape or use the ff's media player connectivity extension

Does same thing with FLash and also real player.
The only way to do it is to goto the website like adobe.com for flash and download it there

EricB said:
download wmp plugin for netscape or use the ff's media player connectivity extension

i tried both plugin and extension and i only get sound but no video. did i do something wrong

Hmmm... Doesn't make sense. And since I'm not sure where to look, I can't let you know what plugins I have in mine.

Have you set your defaults (media player and such)?

Is it not showing video for everything, or just a few things? You may be missing some codecs.

i already tried the netscape plugin and i think thats what screwed me up. now even videos i have saved on my pc only play sound too. what happened?

edit: i noticed that when i play the videos in media center, they play fine. can that be causing my problem?

jcortes said:
i had the same problem and EricB sent me this link worx great

thanx again Eric i have done this about 5 times to my computers at home and friends computers.

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsmedia/player/version64/plugin.aspx

no problem

worrwhorre said:
i already tried the netscape plugin and i think thats what screwed me up. now even videos i have saved on my pc only play sound too. what happened?

edit: i noticed that when i play the videos in media center, they play fine. can that be causing my problem?

you have wmp 11 or maybe you need to update the drivers on your video card. the plugin doesn't have anything to do with it. if the video doesn't work in the media player, it won't work in the plug in

try installing the k-lite codec pack

i figured out my problem. my tv is plugged into my pc and i had a dual monitor setup but i forgot to turn it off. so when i was playing the video it would play on the tv, just not my monitor. i disabled my tv and now it works. thanks

wmp classic (of the k-lite pack) will play the video on both (monitor and tv) at the same time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom