A huge problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snowman

Solid State Member
Hi everyone!

I am new here and this forum was highly recommended to me by one of my friends so I hope you can help me solve my problem.

So here it is.

In the last few days during regular surfing on the net and playing online games my computer crashes just after the error message occured.

The error message says:

Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library

Runtime Error

R6025
- pure virtual function call

I am not all to familiar with the technical aspects of the PC system so I hope you can help me. I use Windows XP, Service Pack 2.

Thank you in advance.

Re:

Hello,

...So it only happens when you surf the net? Are you using Internet Explorer?

If so, then check for any check system files by going to Start > Run > Type sfc /scannow and press enter. You need to have your Windows XP Installation CD in the CD-ROM drive for this.

If that doesn't fix the problem, try re-installing Internet Explorer. You will need to do the following:

1.1. Change the following registry key by going to Start > Run > Type regedit, press enter...

1.2 Then navigate to: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Active Setup\Installed Components\{44BBA840-CC51-11CF-AAFA-00AA00B6015C}

1.3 On the right, edit the value IsInstalled from 1 to 0

Re;

Hello,

Okies hold on my previous post...

...What online games? Do they use Java? And is it only one particular website or online game?

As well as doing 'sfc /scannow', and re-installing Internet Explorer if you use it, then if the online games in question use Java, you could try re-installing or updating Java on your machine.

It is the only online game that I played, EVE Online. But, I don't think there something wrong with it beacuse I've been playing this game for over six months now and never had any problems with it.

To respond to your previous question, I use Mozilla Firefox and Opera browser.

And I scanned the disk and it said that everything is OK.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom