Hard drive dead?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nukem

Where am I again?
I've come across a Maxtor MaXLine Plus II 250GB Sata/150 hard drive with no pin jumpers... I've looked it up online but everything I have found is for IDE drives, not sata... I have tried every setting and even without a jumper but it's still not recoginized. I don't wanna just chuck it, but if it is dead, then cool, but I wanted to get some opinions first before I fried it in the mircrowave... :p

Anyone got ay ideas on how to make this thing work?

if youve tried every pin setting and even no jumpers, i would assume dead. maybe its formatted for something else though? dont know if that would affect it

-Phate

There's no jumpers to set on a sata, You have to load sata raid drivers in order to even see it, most older bios will not even know its there, so that's normal. Have you installed your sata raid drivers for the board?

I have... and I pulled one of my drives today and swapped it out, but my system isn't even seeing it... So me'thunk it's ded... 2 bad... it was a free 250gb HD

It would've been too good to be true if it'd worked. I would take it apart if I were you just for the fun of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom