big problem booting up

Status
Not open for further replies.
what CPU are you using and what speed is it runing at..maybe its underclocked? my amd athlon xp 1600+ when set to default is 1.04Ghz but it should be 1.40Ghz so if i need to reset my BIOS i have to overclock mayeb you need the same?

It's an Intel Celeron 800Mhz. Actually, I'll try your idea, thanks. I know how to set those tiny things on top of the motherboard so it will run up to 1.5 Ghz, I believe. Perhaps that boost will make a difference.

hmm actualyl to overclock msot of the time you only need to go into you BIOS and change the CPU's frequency or it has many names "speed"Front Side Bus (FSB)" and chaneg that but not to dramatically se if your system is stable by using CPU stabalyser test and depending on how much you overclock you may nede to change core voltage but not really reccomended if you dont knwo what your doing but try upping the frequency of your CPU in you BIOS should help

Update- fixed!

Apparently on the older Asus motherboards, to clear the BIOS settings there is no jumper pins; you have to solder two points with a screwdriver head. I passed that by earlier, because I didn't know just what they were talking about or how such a thing might work. Thanks for all your help. I could really do without all this anxiety, but I must admit I'm learning a lot about computers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom