My new system Please read

Status
Not open for further replies.

gust_nul

In Runtime
Ok, So ive given up on my system i built 2 years ago the specs are...

Sempron 2800, 2ghz
Abit An7 Guru - Broken
512 DDR Ram
80gig Hardrive - broken

So now... I dont want to buy a motherboard for my sempron because its old and crap and it means i will be out more money later when i want to upgrade.

Im wanting a mobo that will support my ddr 512, but also support better ram like ddr2 and ddr 3, are these different sockets?

Also is the newest socket for gfx Pcie?

My raedon card is the older one, so if i get an upto date mobo will i have to replace my gfx straight away also?

Also... Is it possible to get an amd 64 3000, then upgrade to somthing more powerful without replacing my mobo?

DDR, DDR2, and DDR3 are all different sockets. DDR3 isn't even a standard for system memory yet.

Newer mobos use PCIE rgaphic slots. While AGP boards are out there, AGP is at the end of its life. It you're gonna upgrade, you might as well bite the bullet now, or you'll have to buy mobo and card later.

Oh, and I removed one of your userbars. DO NOT add it back. Kapish?

No you cannot. Get a pci-e card bro. You are faced with one choice at this point. To stay on top of the curve you will have to get a socket am2 mobo and cpu. You will have to buy new ddr2 ram because the socket is dfferent. Or you can go with the socket 939 like what I have and your current ram will fit, but 512 really isn't all that much ram nowadays, so you would probably end up upgrading it either way. I just bought some stuff to put a new rig together for a friend. It is in another post in this forum.. I think it is called "New AM2 build". When I priced out the componants it made no sense to me to not go ahead and get the new socket and mobo for my friend. He had a descent budget and the price difference was not that big. Check out the componants I picked in the post and go from there.

Then go to my bands myspace site

www.myspace.com/sighlo
:)

so is there no way to get agp and pcie in the same card?

Actually, there was one shown at Computex. I just don't remember which GPU or company.

AGP on one side, PCIE on the other.

HAHAHA I'm the drummer. Funny. Check out the music and let me know what you think? In a band? If so, let me know the site.

lol cool, ill check the music again in a minute, wasnt really listening for the drumming but yeah, im in a band. My kits a yamaha stage custom. zildjian K custom

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom