Problem with ECS 945P-A Board

Status
Not open for further replies.

RockyZ

Daemon Poster
I am currently trying to fix my mom's friends computer, and I think I have finally diagnosed that it is a problem with the motherboard.

The motherboard is an ECS 945P-A(socket 775), with a Pentium D 820 2.8GHZ CPU. The problem was the computer would refuse to boot, all the fans are on but the BIOS would not even boot. My first hypthesis was a problem with the BIOS, I cleared the CMOS, rebooted, same thing. Second theory was the power supply, I used my brand new Hiper Type R 580W PSU, same exact problem. After the purchase of new ram, the same issue occurs. From my expirience, the only two possible problems is the CPU or the Motherboard, I suspect it is the motherboard.

so these are the things I want to ask:
1. Are there any other possible problems with the computer that might be causing this?

2. What is the best replacement board for this specific processor?

Its a Evga 6800.

I forgot to mention that I unhooked the ram and tried to boot it but there was no post no beep, nothing. That was the first reason why I think the board is broken.

I've had this problem before, turned out to be CPU fry-age to blame. Exact same problems as your describing. Although it could be either!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom