need help with new laptop

Status
Not open for further replies.
pete35887 said:
where can i get a cooling fan for a mobile processor? oh yeah and all of a sudden when i right click on a link and click open in new window, it won't open it..any idea's why?and i can't click links that open other IE windows they wont open.
Need a cooling fan? : www.pricewatch.com and search or www.newegg.com and search

and you can't open IE windows because you have a pop up blocker. hold down ctrl and try it >> *snicker laugh*

pretty sure i don't have a pop up blocker...i held control and it still didn't work...what kind of fan do i get for a laptop?

To be honest dude - we would have to know a bunch of different things, are you building a laptop yourself? If you gotit barebones they should've thrown some fans in. To be honest, I've never built or upgraded a laptop other than adding a USB HD at the most.

As far as the problem with getting more IE windows open, Go to tools -> internet options -> advanced and then click on "restore defaults" This is the easiest thing I could think of short of going through the list and seeing if there's an option, but it seems like something Microsoft would have to "block popups" but not let you open any more windows.

A lot of ISPs have pop up blockers built in to the software, I know when I use my dialup account earthlink has one built in and it's pretty good considering. I just think you have some sort of pop up blocket installed or a program to block ads and don't know it.

Ihope I've helped you a little bit - the laptop thing really isn't my area, but good luck with that, I'll do a bit of a search and post later maybe.

does a laptop have a small internal power supply? Or does it just have the external one you plug into it? Does anyone know what speed DDR ram it has? I also can open any print windows like file print or click buttons on web pages like that.

pete35887 said:
does a laptop have a small internal power supply? Or does it just have the external one you plug into it? Does anyone know what speed DDR ram it has? I also can open any print windows like file print or click buttons on web pages like that.
How are we supposed to know what your computer has on it? Contact the manufacturer or give us model numbers - of course giving us model numbers will just be answering your own question

You can or can't open those? Ah #($*(#$&*(&%*(#%(^*# it. Just reformat and install Windows over again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom