CD-Drives gone missing

Status
Not open for further replies.

NayNay1991x

PeugeotEnthusiast
hi, in my Computer my CD-Drives have gone missing i think i accidentally used this software called "Killdisk" and killed my CD-Rom disks from appearing in my Computer... but when i go to device manager they have an Exclamation mark on them... what shall i do now ? thanks for your help

Are you taking advantage of me just cause Im roaming around at 5a.m. in the morning?j/k...

There is some type of problem with the device if you have a yellow Exclem..the easiest solution to try from the device manager is right clicking on the CD-ROM drive click uninstall, it should dissapear, then right click on your computer name way at the top of device manager first on the list..then click "scan for hardware changes" It should pick up the CD-ROM drive again..see if it comes back with a Yellow Excle still or it appears normal..if it appears normal with no errors you should see in My Computer again...if not then there is another problem and we will actually look into the error code it is giving.

lol u make me laf lmfao..... i still get errors but i right clicked and then properties and it said this "Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be corrupted or missing. (Code 39)

Click Troubleshoot to start the troubleshooter for this device."

Ohh that sucks..when it does this with a CD-ROM drive thats not good because CD-ROM drives are nothing drivers..ayee..Well did you walk through Microsofts Troubleshooter? There developers make millions more than I do a year and should be able to help better than I..LOL..rigghtt..

Did you do any firmware updates or anything that would have caused this?I know you ran kill disk..but Ive ran it before to and it didnt blow up any of my hardware. What happens if you right click on the device, choose update driver, and try to roll back driver? Try running the driver update and see if windows will pick one up for you...ayee cd-rom drives suck when they dont work. They are like women and just complain about stupid ****. At least your not getting the good ole "error unable to start device BS".

Well if you want to take the sissy way out..yes that will most likely fix it. Before you go that route though I would at least swap it for another CD-ROM drive and see if it detects that one correctly. So we've done all this work for you tonight for nothing??lol j/k.

well guess what i couldnt be bothered to Pi$$ fart around so guess what route i took :p the sissy way rofl... thanks for your help especially on the HDD topic win2kpatcher you helped alot thanks man:cool:

i had the same problem on my server all i did was unplugged them and disabled them in the device manager restarted and pluged them back in .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom