How is this laptop?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThrillRyder23

Baseband Member
Hey guys.

I am still in search for a laptop but I think I came across one that fits my needs. I just need people's opinions on it.

This laptop is AMD 64 processed and is found at ibuypower.com. They call it the Battalion SL but it is really the Voodoo M:855.

Here are the specs of the laptop after I customize it for about $1800.

AMD Athlon 64 3000+ (maybe the 3200+)
1GB of ram (Major Brand)
60 GB Hard Drive 5400 RPM
128mb Mobile Radeon ATI 9600

People have claimed the battery is about 3-4 hours doing normal stuff (not games or movies).

So I just want to know what you guys have heard of this laptop, had any experiences with it. Any info at all would be helpful.

BTW I would be doing some gaming like CoD and Starcraft. I would be watching movies on it. I would also be doing a lot of net surfing like AOL and would be doing stuff on Word.

From what I've heard, the battery life is excellent much better than P4 laptops but not as good as Pentium-M machines (which isn't such a surprise). The video card is definately good but if you're only going to be playing CoD and Starcraft you wont need a top of the line card. By the way how much does it cost?

About $1800. Voodoo is selling it for about $3000+ but Ibuypower.com is selling it brand new for much much cheaper, as you can see.

They only give one choice for the video card, and that is it.

Yea the battery life and the fact that it is AMD is what really got my attention. I'm not a fan of Intel whatsoever.

I didn't know iBuyPower made laptops too. Anyway, for the parts, that price looks great to me. Enjoy your new computer.

If I were you, I would go for it!

Could someone lend me $1800? (that's in american dollars) ;)

Seems like a good price, if you don't need tech support. My friend has an ibuypower- he said tech support is "effed in the a" but I don't think many of the people that post on here really need to worry much about tech support ;p oh yeah, go for it, good price

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom