Is Conroe that much better?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now now, kids. Yea, its all about the performance, no one needs to be allied with a particular company unanimously.

For me as well, AMD was the prime choice when I was building my computer, so I now type this from an AMD system (love it). But compared to Conroe...my current PC seems like a bargain-basement hand-me-down.

btw I love HardOCP ..., they are really mature there

lol thats why i dont post here as much anymore and moved more towards XS. Nowadays theres so many flame wars here (kinda like this thread ;)) between Conroe/AMD, ATI/Nvidia, etc. At least at XS they have Intel and AMD seperated so its rare to see a flame war.....

JustWow... said:
For me as well, AMD was the prime choice when I was building my computer, so I now type this from an AMD system (love it). But compared to Conroe...my current PC seems like a bargain-basement hand-me-down.

Thats why I went AMD. It made sense at the time.

btw justwow... what are you running under the hood?

you guys have nice AMD builds, see i went out and listened to a n00b say that the higher the clock speed, the better so for the n00b i used to be, AMD was out of the question. Then after i bought everything..... I CAME HERE... isnt that a great course of luck ;).... now i have a chance to get a nice CPU with a good price and with some pretty good OCin abilities and i'm excited (o yea have to add a nice video card too X1900XT BABY!!!!)

Conroe is good. An this forum is immature.

I summed up 3 pages in 2 sentences.

No need to keep posting about Conroe when there are so many threads already.

well conroe is great and all but i wont need to upgrade for a year or so. so by the time i upgrade AMD will be on top, and the next week intel will have something new and i will be obsolete. thats how it works :p

Does anybody know if it will be possible to build systems with dual Conroes? Like the AMD Opteron servers.

Does anybody know if it will be possible to build systems with dual Conroes? Like the AMD Opteron servers.

conroe is the desktop core vs. opteron which is the server core for AMD. not a fair comparison ;). i don't think conroe will have multi-processor support so you won't be able to use a multi-socket motherboard but you could use clustering. woodcrest (server core) will have multiprocessor support

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom