New box

Status
Not open for further replies.

AoLH8er

Solid State Member
Since the annoying rebooting of my HP i decided to just build a unit.

So..what im asking is..whats the best gaming MB that will hold 2k gig of ram

will be using athlon 3200+

best ram brand..

will be using Geforce fx 5700 ultra..unless i can get better for a GREAt price

audigy platinum for sound

how much power supply i will need, cooling etc...what do you guys think..focused mostly on gaming

Give me a budget and I'll build you a computer (not actually build, but just show you the parts that will give you the best bang for the buck).

Don't buy an AMD processor for as much as the 3200 costs - buy the highest intel for the same price.

Do you really need that much? It all dependsonwhat kind of games you'll be playingand how often. If you're a casual gamer something like a Radeon 9200 would do fine for a video card, and they're cheap! if really heavy then go for that high of a video card.

You don't need 2 gigs of ram - I've got more than I need at 512 on my big machine - and will be buying a new computer with 512 megs soon - just upgrade when you need more :/

As far as cooling goes- if you do get the athlon - get a volcano fan - it sound like a freight train in your bed room but it cools very well, and just a few generic case fans, usually gaming PCs necessitate atleast 2 case fans.

As far as power supply goes - more than 350 watt - I have a 500 in mine.

Also if you've never built a computer - prepare for a headache x-x

front panel connections.e.uueuugughheeewwwuuugh..

all i do is game..and alot..lots of games..all different types..i dont want to have to upgade any time soon

It's not that bad tylertherobot, and I stick with AMD no matter WHAT...they are more efficient..they run better....you get more performance, and (usually) you get the best bang for your buck....Like i've said in a lot of other posts.....I'm a AMD man. ^^

2 grand you say? Let the fun begin! I'll have all the parts listed by tomorrow morning....also, do you need a case?

FireFox said:
It's not that bad tylertherobot, and I stick with AMD no matter WHAT...they are more efficient..they run better....you get more performance, and (usually) you get the best bang for your buck....Like i've said in a lot of other posts.....I'm a AMD man. ^^

2 grand you say? Let the fun begin! I'll have all the parts listed by tomorrow morning....also, do you need a case?

I have a 2.8 ghz celeron in my laptop - It's run more stabily than the 2400+ I have in my desktop. AND IT'S A CELERON!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom