VGA to DVI Converter Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

meefle

In Runtime
I have a DVI/VGA converter that came with my 6600GT so i tested it to see if it worked, well it doesnt, i tried 1 moniter on with the adapter in the DVI connection and it didnt work. Now this worries me since i'm gettin a X1900XT and it has 2 DVIs, my VGA moniter will work with that right, i might just have a bad adapter or card? If not, my moniter has a DVI connector in the back so i could buy a DVI cord but those are pretty expensive and i have to save money for upgrades...

i have an adapter too which i use on my second monitor and it works fine so it is probably a bad converter, or the card may be messed up, are you getting any sort of signal?

I have a 7900GT (2xDVI) and a CRT monitor, using an adapter with no issues. Good luck.

Re:

Hello,

Try hooking up the VGA monitor again to the DVI output using the DVI to VGA adaptor...

...Power up the PC, and just before the Windows XP splash screen (the loading animation) hit F8 and select Enable VGA Mode.

See if it works. Your resolution and refresh rate will be set to basic, so you may need to re-adjust them afterwards.

Alright Alvin.C, i tried but when i press F8 durin the loadin screen, nothin happens, and also, how am i supposed to see the XP screen when i get no picture when i use the DVI to VGA adaptor.

The cards VGA works fine, its just the DVI (or DVI adaptor), i kno its not the moniter cuz i've tried 2 other moniters. So hopefully the X1900XT and its adapters will work

lol thx, i kind of knew that already i just hope it works unlike the one i have now (or the card)

you need to know if the port is DVI-I or DVI-D. DVI-D can only handle digital signals, so a converter wont work.

the ones on the x1900 with certainly be DVI-I

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom