New video card horrors. PLEASE HELP!

Status
Not open for further replies.

VerbalKint

Solid State Member
I just purchased a new Sapphire Radeon 9800pro for my system, hoping that I would now be able to play some of the newer games coming out. I just reformatted and reinstalled XP Pro so everything is fresh from nothing.
Installed the 9800pro and started installing games to check it out.
Installed Ghost Recon... which shut down as soon as I started playing.
Installed Alice... which froze and shut down as soon as I started playing.
Installed DeusEx... which shut down and gave a horribly long and technical error message.
Not only that, but now all of the menus in windows XP are appearing and disappearing in an EXTRA SLOW fashion... Like it's working hard as hell just to bring them up.

My system is as follows:
AMD Athlon XP 2400
512megs PC2100DDR
512megs PC2700DDR (clocked down to play nice with 2100)
Gigabyte GA7VAXP mobo

I've never had these problems before the new video card. Anyone know what the problem is???

try reinstalling the drivers for the card thats the only thing i can think of or maybe your card is faulty.

Yea, reinstall all of your drivers, and since it's new I wouldn't be getting to worries because it's still under warranty.

P.S. If you saw yesterdays show on The Screen Savers they all now love WARRANTIES!!!!! >=)

here's my error message when DeusEx closes:

Critical Error:
history: processpass <- UEventManager::AIProcess <- UEventManager::Tick <- UpdateEventManager <- ULevel::Tick <-(NetMode=0) <- TickLevel <- UGameEngine::Tick <- XGameEngineExt::Tick <- UpdateWorld <- MainLoop

no, name of a Link80 song but close...
Even more significantly Verbal Kint is the character played by Kevin Spacey in "The Usual Suspects"

Thanks for tryin

ok, i pulled the pc2100 RAM out on a hunch and things have been working so far. Guess I gotta break down and buy some more of the faster stuff.
Thanks for the help guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom