Not open for further replies.
"For some reason 3DMark06's System Info is unable to connect to your
system's Windows Management Instrumentation API for data collection and
this produces the error message. Please ensure that none of the standard
windows services are being manually disabled as this may cause problems
like this on some systems."

"You can also use the "-nosysteminfo" commandline option to launch
3DMark06 wihtout running the System Info."

Check the 'Windows Management Instrumentation' service maybe it was disbled or not installed correctly

Sui said:
"For some reason 3DMark06's System Info is unable to connect to your
system's Windows Management Instrumentation API for data collection and
this produces the error message. Please ensure that none of the standard
windows services are being manually disabled as this may cause problems
like this on some systems."

"You can also use the "-nosysteminfo" commandline option to launch
3DMark06 wihtout running the System Info."

Check the 'Windows Management Instrumentation' service maybe it was disbled or not installed correctly

Awsome! One thing though.........how do I do it? lol Im using the free version of 3dmark.

Sorry, you made things complicated by telling us more problems once the non POST'ing issue was fixed. :p

It really sounds like your install of the OS was bumpy which could be leading to all this other crap. It's weird that it asked your for an SP2 disc. Why dont you just use your own copy of windows and install it on that machine instead and manually download/install SP2 (if you so desire) instead of messing with whatever disc is asking you to insert SP2 disc and giving all these errors.

ditto on what nub said, I installed win98 on a very old computer recently, only to have it freek out at every time I tried to install a driver. Reinstalled it a 2nd time, and it stoped, its still kinda acts retarded, but I chalk that up to being a socket7 running win98.

uhhh well theres about 4 or 5 ways to do that first one.... If you have a desktop shortcut to run 3dmark then right click it, goto propertys, on the shortcut tab... where it says target add ' -nosysteminfo' on the end.... with that space, so it should be like "????.exe -nosysteminfo"...

That second fix click the start button, goto run, type in 'services.msc'. Now a window will pop up with all the crap thats running, look for 'Windows Management Instrumentation' see is its running, try to start if it isn't, or if its even there.

Sui said:
ditto on what nub said, I installed win98 on a very old computer recently, only to have it freek out at every time I tried to install a driver. Reinstalled it a 2nd time, and it stoped, its still kinda acts retarded, but I chalk that up to being a socket7 running win98.

uhhh well theres about 4 or 5 ways to do that first one.... If you have a desktop shortcut to run 3dmark then right click it, goto propertys, on the shortcut tab... where it says target add ' -nosysteminfo' on the end.... with that space, so it should be like "????.exe -nosysteminfo"...

That second fix click the start button, goto run, type in 'services.msc'. Now a window will pop up with all the crap thats running, look for 'Windows Management Instrumentation' see is its running, try to start if it isn't, or if its even there.

Ok, I added that to the target line and it worked. So, looks like any problems there are have to be from the OS being unstable. So, I'll just reinstall it and hope everything works well when Im done. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom