Bill Gates retiring

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Re: Bill Gates retiring

ShoobieRat said:
Funny thing is, Bill announced his full retirement years ago, just before he unofficially retired from all his duties except being a corporate figurehead and visionary. Bill hasn't seen a line of code in probably 10 years.

dam that bill! makes me want to teabag his smug face.

Re: Re: Bill Gates retiring

ShoobieRat said:
Funny thing is, Bill announced his full retirement years ago, just before he unofficially retired from all his duties except being a corporate figurehead and visionary. Bill hasn't seen a line of code in probably 10 years.

so obviously this is another way of gettin microsft on the news??
and yeah 30 billion on "advertising" i dont think so thats a lot of money to jus spend on advertisement i think that was generally a good cause, although obviously he and MS will get recognition but think about it does microsoft even need advertising?
in short he is a self made billionaire at the age of 35 and you have all used and most still use his products everyday the mans a respectable genious and ***** all you want the world kidna relys on MS windows, yeah if it wasnt windows it would be somethign else but that fact is its windows and he is a respectable man..and a good business man

Re: Re: Re: Bill Gates retiring

baronvongogo said:
dam that bill! makes me want to teabag his smug face.
Ah, I see you're running XP-Pro... You sure you want to teabag the man who made your OS possible?

Snypercore is right - the man's a self-made BILLIONARE. He didn't inherit that ****... the man deserves some respect. The world runs on his products.

he isnt stepping down.
The person that spreaded this rumor is the same person last year who told every one bill gates died in a plane crash

tjweb said:
he isnt stepping down.
The person that spread this rumor is the same person last year who told every one bill gates died in a plane crash

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

http://www.microsoft.com/presspass/press/2006/jun06/06-15CorpNewsPR.mspx

This is from the Microsoft website. I don't think the "rumor starter" was able to hijack the Microsoft website and post this article, then CC it to several technology news blogs, and likely some "real news" companies as well.

Considering that Bill hasn't had anything to do with the actual programming of any MS product in many years...

...and considering he donates far more to charities than most other people in his "net worth" bracket...

...and considering that Bill was a major part in getting computers into ordinary family homes and schools...

I got no problems with Bill.

Just because MS has a lowsey legal dept, and their programming teams are horribly disorganized, leading to crappy quality in some parts of MS products, doesn't mean Bill deserves the full brunt of MS hate.

Oh, and let us not forget poor Steve Jobs. He contributes a lot of his wealth to others, too........It just happens to mostly be to political parties. Charities...politicians...same thing, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom