Lots Of Ram

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darybart

In Runtime
I have 4 Gb of ram, on my one computer and it is only using 348MB is there any way to force it to use mre ram than that

Thanks

Not really. You can turn page file off but then you will get stability issues when using more than the 4GB.

XP doesn't utilise 4GB, and only supports 3GB, above that is un used.

XP can see 4GB's of RAM, but doesn't work with it very well. Unless you have the 64bit version of XP or Server 2003 you shouldn't be using that much, simply.

Windows or any program will not use more ram than it requires, if ram is low the program might have low framerate issues or freezing. But if there are more ram than needed, There won't be any problem when working a program or a game on that computer.

If you would like to remove excessive ram, you can take one of the ram card out. or limit the ram usage by certain settings.

For extensive support please ask the person you've bought the card from or ask / call a person that you believe is knowlegable about this subject.

Hope I've helped. :)

Trifid said:
XP can see 4GB's of RAM, but doesn't work with it very well. Unless you have the 64bit version of XP or Server 2003 you shouldn't be using that much, simply.

so true. it actually slow my computer up adding the extra ram

If Windows doesn't know how to use that huge amount of ram properly it'll get weird and confused, this can lead to poor performance. 4gb is a ton, too, why do you need that much now?

I got that much to improve performance. the machine ran faster on 1 gig of ram

warez monster posted something here explaining why once.

64 bit xp doesn't suffer from this issue, but it has a lot of other issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom