about fan connecters...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phate

In Runtime
connecting to the motherboard, what is there other then 3/4 pin.

i bought a fan recently (92mm for a dell), and it has 3/4, but so does a 120mm fan i bought earlier, and that ones connector wont fit into the plug. the plug is black, as is the connecter on the manufacturer fan, and its smaller then a 3/4. what kind of connector is this, and what fan would you recomend for that connection and a 92mm size, if possible.

if its more plausible to buy a new motherboard for this, i need these stats:

Socket 478

184-pin DDR SDRAM DDR 400 (PC3200)

connectors for 1 hard drive, 2 optical drives, and a floppy

anything else, please ask, ill figure it out to my best ability.

preferably PCI express x16, but i have an AGP card right now, so whatever you sudgest :D if you have a PCI mobo, plz sudgest a good video card that will beat a ATI Radeon 9800 Pro 64mb ram

thanks a ton for all this info,
Phate

oh, and on my fan thats here now, there is the 3/4 pin, and a "generic psu" connector, that i dont know how i would use, but can i? it has a way to plug it in, but then it goes out again. any way to use this to plug the fan in? because that would save me the $20 spent on it :D (2day shipping)

maan, somebody plz help..

actually, the fan has 4 connectors, 2 regular ones with 4 holes, one with 3, and another smaller/thinner one with 3, i think it might work :D

ok, im extremely confused. there is just one 3 hole connector ON the fan, but WITH it there is a thing with one big square connector with 4 pins inside, and one with 4 holes, and another very thing one that i think goes into the one on the fan...

HOW DO I HOOK THIS UP!!! :D

ok, i think i got it up and running. before, i had a fan that was slower, but it had this air guide thing, it was an exhaust (pull air from inside to out) with this air guide pulling all air through the CPU's heatsink. now, do you think its safe to put the cover back on, with this new fan? i had the cover off because i upgraded to a 2gb ram (patriot signature) from a 512 stock ram... not really sure what to do

ok, so i installed it, it works, and keeps the case pretty cool, but i have one question.

i couldnt get two of the screws fully in. only the 2 on the right side are in, the top left and bottom left are in only a little bit, because i couldnt get them to go in straight, they were going in askew, so i just put them in as much as they would go, and the fan still stayed mounted very tight (i cant even jiggle it at all). is this ok? will my fan break off and fly into the wild blue yonder some day? :D

-Phate

err if the fan don't jiggle no reason for it to break, what else were you looking for? a mobo that has socket 478 + pci-e + ddr 3200 support? kinda lost track from all you'r posts.

umm, well if i was to replace a mobo for the video card, would like this:

Socket 478 - processor
up to 2gb support 184-pin DDR SDRAM PC3200 - i have 2gb patriot signature, dont wanna replace that :D

and preferably a PCI-e x16 slot for video, because from what ive heard thats the best connection you can get right now, because right now i have AGP..

also, since this comes standard i believe, but just in case:

4 PCI slots, connectors for 2 optical drives, one hard drive, and a floppy, and no proprietary dell ****, i have a Fortron 400W PSU.

and i dont know what size it is, but i would ASSUME atx. i can check up on this if you would like :D

-Phate

P.S. thanks for finally responding :D

Sorry dude but I can't find any good PCIE x16 Mobo for socket 478... only AGP x8 ones :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom