Dear Lord Help Me!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, it's right. But that PSU should have come with a 20 to 24pin adapter so you should put that on there. Technically, I'm sure the mobo will work fine with just the 20pin in there, but I do it to make sure the thing fits in like it should and just for that extra assurance. My friend runs his DFI board without the extra 4 on there...been stable like that for a couple years now too.

But other than that, it sounds like you're on the right track.

Now you'd just better hope that plugging in the 4pin auxillary into the main 24pin connector and not having the auxillary plugged in all, didn't cause any harm ;)

I looked all over and don't have an adapter for the 20/24. I booted it up and the opticals are working better now and the soft switch works, but still no POST.

Well, I guess if theres no adapter, just make sure the 20 out of the 24 are plugged in correctly.

Did you make sure to test each stick individually and maybe different slots? Also did you make sure to try and simply reseat the things or did you just go to the plug first?

Remember, one stick of RAM, vid card, and keyboard only.

Pull out the RAM and vid card and listen for beep codes. Did you manage to hook up the PC speaker? Then try plugging in each RAM sticks seperately and the video card as well.

If all that fails then I guess you will simply have to RMA the motherboard, but like I said, you should probably try the video card and RAM in your computer to make sure those work.

No, no! I don't believe you can just take the extra 4 pins off the ATX connector. That is for a 24-pin motherboard. You should have a 20/24 pin ATX connector, then another 4 pin connector.

I may be wrong, but I'm pretty sure you can't take the 4 pins off the ATX.

uhhh yeah.....
http://images10.newegg.com/NeweggImage/productimage/17-703-001-14.jpg
believe its (the 4 pin) the one down and to the right of the main connector.

You need to hook up your pc speaker, or buy one if your case didn't come with one.... or maybe steal one from a display model if your into that. **** you could even hook a voltmeter to it and just watch.... you can tell whats going on with out some sort of feedback from the motherboard. Read the motherboard manual, actually all the manulas it should have said what goes where.

Uhm also I didn't see if you pluged in that vga card to the psu, because I'm tired and my visions going blurry.

http://images10.newegg.com/NeweggImage/productimage/14-130-028-04.jpg

it should be one of those black 6 pin connectors on the psu

No, no! I don't believe you can just take the extra 4 pins off the ATX connector. That is for a 24-pin motherboard. You should have a 20/24 pin ATX connector, then another 4 pin connector.

I may be wrong, but I'm pretty sure you can't take the 4 pins off the ATX
Whoa......ya know what.......Ton Crafter.....you're gonna be mad at me man.

My teacher messed up because he took that 4pin off and tried putting it in that other one. CrazeD, nice catch man.....that 4pin is supposed to be on there, that is infact the adapter. You're supposed to be using the one that Sui was linking too in the picture that comes seperate and keep that 4pin on the side of the main 20pin connector which makes it 24 pin now. Dang it! I forgot that THAT was why his computer wasn't booting. He thought they put it there because it kept it in a convenient spot.....bah.

Clip that one back on the 20pin connector and then find another 4pin and plug THAT one in, and hopefully everything should be fine. My professors computer booted right up after he corrected it.

Sorry :(

Uhm also I didn't see if you pluged in that vga card to the psu, because I'm tired and my visions going blurry
He hasn't posted a pic of the setup or anything.

I'm going to go out on a limb and suggest checking the power to the video card. I haven't seen any one mention that yet. Nubius is correct when stating the first start should be:
1 RAM
CPU
Video
Keyboard

And the power from the PSU should be a 24 pin and the PSU will also have ANOTHER 4 pin SQUARE plug to connect up by the CPU.

If the board is setup somewhat like the AN832 SLI Deluxe I have, there will be an LED near the bottom of the board that should be green. I believe it signals proper connection of the video card.

My last computer did a similar thing when I had a twitchy HD, any time I had it hooked up the comp would not POST.

Ok, got the POST problem fixed. She boots up and I installed the OS. Now, more problems have occured. First off, during OS installation I was asked for a 'service pack 2' disk, which was nowhere to be found. So, I guess they forgot to send that to me. lol

Moving on, I installed the sound card (X-fi Xtrememusic) and the was prompted that the install was done. Well, after a restart of the comp it says that the audio device is not detected. What the heck? I uninstalled and reinstalled the driver from the disk three times now....same thing. Any ideas?

Also, when I tried installing my marvall yukon driver.........says there is a runtime error and cant install.

Ok, soundcard issued fixed.

Here's a new weird problem though. LOL I installed 3dmark06 to give it a whirl, but the program wont launch. It keeps giving me an error code. Says 'Wbem not connected'. What the heck is that all about?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom