X1900XT or X1800GT or X1800GTO or What ????

Status
Not open for further replies.
i think that the x1800xt 512mb actually outperforms the 7900gt in most cases.

Yes i'm definatly going for the X1800XT maybe the 512mb version but depends on the price. I've decided that the X1800GTO is too underpowered. The X1800XT wins at all things to me. Although i was wondering if u thought that i should wait till the new graphics cards come out in december. I dunno if i could wait but i could just sell the X1800XT when the time nears for the new cards

Funny how this thread turned into another ATI vs Nvidia flame war.

on the topic, highly recommend X1900XTX if you can afford it.

Hey thanks for the link :D . Yep i think its a definate yes for the X1800XT seems to sit comfourtably in my price range (found it at cheapest for the 512mb version at £170) and it can run all games at highest detail (well except Oblivion but not even the X1900XTX can do that)at the moment so perfect :D.

kahlos said:
Hey thanks for the link :D . Yep i think its a definate yes for the X1800XT seems to sit comfourtably in my price range (found it at cheapest for the 512mb version at £170) and it can run all games at highest detail (well except Oblivion but not even the X1900XTX can do that)at the moment so perfect :D.

I'm in the same dillema my friend. I was thinking 1800XT or 1900(one of them). Blah. I can't wait until December.

If you got the money get the X1900 XT. I would recommend agianst getting the XTX because it's only 25mhz faster then the XT, and 50mhz (100mhz effective) more. But that only gets it around 3-6 more fps and for some reason it uses a ton more power then the XT for such little increase in speed.

I would recommend the HIS X1900 XT IceQ III because of the kick *** cooler (MUCH more quiter and cooler then stock heatsink).

Don't get the X1900 GT, ATI really screwed up with this one. It costs more and the 7900GT performs better in most games.

As far as drivers go. I am sick of people saying the ATI drivers for the X1K series are bad. They are not bad, maybe not as good as Nvidia's, but that doesn't mean they suck. Ever since ATI released their crappy X series drivers people keep saying ATI's drivers suck. It's like saying Germany is full of Nazis, which it was back between 1933-1946 but now any Nazis there are a very small minority (there are more neo-nazis in the US then in Germany).

You can unlock 4 extra pipelines in the X1800GTO pretty much making ita X1800XL (or XT I forgot which one). Both the X1800GTO and 7600GT are very good cards but if you unlock the GTO it is better the the 7600GT.

In my opinion:
X1800GTO=7600GT
X1800GTO(unlocked)>7600GT
7900GT>X1900GT
X1900XT/X>7900GTX

hmammen said:
here is the X1900XT-
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814102663
it has 16 pixel pipelines and 625 mhz clock
its similar to th X1800XT but has a higher memory clock but is more pricey.....

WRONG... The X1900 is much more than a X1800 with faster memory. ATI found a way to have each shader pipeline to have three shader units (versus only 1 like the X1800). So while the X1800 has 16 shader units (1 on each of it's 16 shader pipelines) the X1900 has 48 shader units (3 on each of it's 16 shader pipelines).

I don't see how people can even compare Ati to nVidia...two different companies with two different styles, and how can somebody say one is better than the other until they truthfully try them both? Go with your preference...

dartgande said:
I don't see how people can even compare Ati to nVidia...two different companies with two different styles, and how can somebody say one is better than the other until they truthfully try them both? Go with your preference...

Many people's preferences are built on others opinions. Sometimes good, sometimes bad. It depends on how reliable the source you hear it from is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom