Post Your Pretty Wire Management

Status
Not open for further replies.
my first build, this post insired me now to do more wire management. i'll turn my hd's around right away and i'm gona buysome cable covers and shrink wrap. do any of you guys buy cable covers from automotive stores?

amd athlon 64x2 4800+
asus a8n sli32 deluxe
ocz 2 gigs pc3200 platinum edition dual channel
antec truepower 2.0 550 watt psu
dual bfg geforce 7900 gtx oc pci-e sli 512mb
dual 74gig raptors raid 0/ 64 bit windows corporate installed
wd 250gig sata hd/ windows xp pro corporate installed/
partitioned 64 bit
pioneer dvr-111d 16x dual layer dvd+/-r
15-1 usb card reader
aspire silver x-cruiser 17" case
gigabyte 3d galaxy liquid cooled/ with mofset fan
3x ultra hd coolers w/dual 60mm fans
aerocool 120mm xtreme turbine 89.39 cfm
ultra 5.25 bay freezer w/2 60mm fans
5.25 bay freezer w/3 40mm fans
3x 80mm blue led aspire case fans
blue led 60mm graphics card forced air vent

sc1.jpg
sc2.jpg
sc4.jpg
sc8.jpg
sc9.jpg

MY GOD!!! You built ALL that in your first try? Amen brother amen!! That is a very decent job for a first timer. Now on to the naggs. First of all, all those fans are very unnecesary considering most of your heat is being water cooled. Next, ditch the fan on the side doing nothing, its very unnecesary. Next turn those ugly HDDs around, that will make most of your cables dissapear. AS for sleeving, you dont exactly need it. You dont have cables going accross the case really (if you turn the drives around that is of course). Final thought, make sure when you turn the drives around the black tube is gone. Its very ugly and distracting to my picky eyes. Happy managing!! Ill be posting me and my gfs LAN rigs together soon. I gotta finish hacksawing a POS 24pin PSU.

God damnit Im so ****ed

I asked the guy at radio shack for a Molex remover and he gave me somthing totally diffrent.

Arg Il never get to sleeving my PSU....

Im so tempted to by a modular PSU.....blah..

ya it is my first build infact i only bought my first computer last january. then i craved more power and did alot of reading. i also don't have any computer savey friends so i did it alone. i was pretty confident after tearing apart and tweaking my last computer. consider those hd's flipped, its just one of those things you never think of as a first timer, but now after seeing some rigs on here it seems so obvious.

i'll be taking out that side fan as soon as we get airconditioning installed its like 35c in here right now its actually dropping my cards acouple of degrees with the side off.

Lord AnthraX said:

is it a good psu? becasue there no poin to sleeve a crappy psu

this one guy sleeved the PSU before he tryed it and it die 4 days later

it was funny

well yeah its an awsome psu.

I want to sell it and buy the modular but I dont think its worth it.....Im so frustrated with trying to sleeve it ...

Antec Truepower 550

Seasonic S12-500

Got it to review, and its a really awesome power supply. Not modular, but it has more connections than i know what to do with :p

Anyways...

Lord AnthraX said:
God damnit Im so ****ed

I asked the guy at radio shack for a Molex remover and he gave me somthing totally diffrent.

Arg Il never get to sleeving my PSU....

A mate of mine said you can use an old biro to substitute a molex remover. Just remove the inside of the biron, and use the plastic casing. Push that over the plug to push the pins in. Or you can use a tiny tiny screwdriver like me.

there i cleaned it up abit, i'll probably sleeve the visible wires when i get a chance.. and the black fan on the side will be gone as soon as we get our airconditioner hooked up next week.
thanks for the tips
sc10.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom